New items from Allison?

Has anyone received the new cup/tool holder or ruler holder that was posted here last week? Has anyone ordered them? I order them middle of last week and have received or heard nothing from Allison. From TN to GA I usually receive stuff in a couple of days.

Wonder if they are in pre-order status and not yet available for the public? Bill didn't indicate that to be the case.

Thought I would check with you guys- anyone know?

Thanks
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

2. Member
    some of the stuff came it some didn't. I think the factory will have to do the install on the ruler. You may have to drive by or send your lid. The factory made these items for the new models first the after market considered second. They want to draw up an install guide of sorts.

I ordered the ruler holder. cup holders and the mount for console . I haven't received anything. I am sure they will get it out .. sounds like they had a rush of orders

4. Member
    Whoever gets the ruler first please post a picture of the components, before and after installation. Thanks Mike

5. Member
    IMG_2335.JPGIMG_2340.JPGIMG_2337.JPG
    I ordered the ruler and cup/tool holder kits several years ago. I have a 2015 XB21 Bassport Pro Elite. And now that I am retired, I have the time to install them. I started with the cupholder and found that it is not a direct drop-in install. The new stainless cup holder is larger in diameter and will require cutting the hole to near the edge of the platform. And the bracket is going to hang over a bit when done. It does not seem to be a good fit. Before I cut anything, I thought I would check to see if this is normal and/or if anyone has actually installed them.

Sincerely,

Lee...
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member

Finished the cup/tool Holder Install.

IMG_2343.JPGIMG_2342.JPGIMG_2346.JPGIMG_2350.JPG

1) Had to file the bottom of the beveled edge of the holder so it fit flush against the against the console. This was done with a large rat tail file and a 1" bench belt sander.
    2) Placed holder and drilled two mounting holes for the bolts.
    3) Marked all the places needing to be cut/drilled/filed with holder in place and bolts through holes.
    4) Cut out cup hole with sabre saw using a thin scrolling blade. For tool holes, drilled 1/2 hole on each end and cut out middle with sabre saw. Finished enlarging with a large with the rat tail file.
    5) Put everything in place and tightened the bolts. It's a pain getting the nylock nuts started and tightened.
    6) Note: the vinyl drain tubes are not included in the kit, and the old ones are way too large in diameter. Had to buy a 10 section (smallest package at Home Depot) of 3/8" ID vinyl hose and small hose clamps.
    7) They look nice and are very functional. This was a medium difficulty job, and glad it did it.

Good job !
    Thanks for sharing.

8. Member
    I went to the Allison site can't find the ruler listed. How much and where is it supposed to go?

9. Member
    Great job Lee!
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

10. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I have a 2013 and installed the cup/tool holder right when it came out and I don't remember having to cut the cup holder any bigger?? Nice install though. I'll have to check mine later to see if they look like that?
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P