Newbie First Post H20PFC

Hello Everybody. First post. Awesome site, great information. I'm on week 3 of the 8 week wait for my H20PFC crappie boat to be built. I ordered it with the 200 SHO, camo, no carpet and the 10" manual jack plate. I've tried searching for a prop recommendation on the H20 with no luck. The info comes up for the bay boat (may not be any different at all). Looks like on the X-19/200SHO the 24 fxp is a good starting point. The H20PFC is roughly 80 lbs heavier dry. I may as well order one now since I've read a prop upgrade on these hulls is a must. I look forward to getting the boat and posting pics and info here. Gonna be a long wait.

Right now (until its sold) I've got an Xpress XP200 with the Yamaha 115 if anyone has any questions or needs any info about that boat.

Thanks!!

2. Member
    Awesome! Congrat's on the new purchase.

Like you said, not many people are running the H__PFC deck design versions. I think one of the guys on here is, but I can't remember if his boat is a 18 or a 19.

Based off hyperlifts in the 19, 20, 21, 22 variety ........ a good performance prop is always needed instead of the Powertech prop they are going to give you with the boat. Me personally, I'd see if they'd knock off the price and they kept the prop ......... or put the value toward the purchase of a 'real prop'.

Yamaha's VMX and Turbo's FXP are good choices to speculate on. Some guys say their fourstroke/SHO is not sensitive to ventilated props like we typically run on 2 strokes ..... but some say their's are sensitive. With that said, with the degree of difficulty lately getting Yamaha and Turbo props .... you could always get something like a Tempest or Fury and just plug the PVS holes closed with 'solids'.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

3. Member
    Thanks for the advice. No boat yet but, the 24 fxp I ordered actually showed up today. Do I send it off to be worked while I'm still waiting or run it as is first?

4. Member
    Also... do I try to get a couple hundred out of the dealer for the power tech or keep it for a spare?