Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Verado Motor support

I have been using the factory tilt support bracket and has worked great, The plastic end cap (TILT LOCK PAD) has broken and I got a replacement (part # 8M0076907) 3 bucks. I use it and it works great. I have found and used the M Y WEDGE universal blocks (one per cylinder rod) so 2 u will need. But it is very good easy to use and doesn't scratch rod and simple to use. It is just a bit lower than factory support location but maybe a inch difference in angle and still plenty of road clearance.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I've been looking for something like that since I got my Verado. Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a pair of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig_Man View Post
    I've been looking for something like that since I got my Verado. Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a pair of them.
    I talked to them, you can get 3 total and cut 1 dead center (he said you a miter saw for clean straight cut) but take the 1/2 pieces and rubber cement to the factory long one and it will get a 4 inch height increase if needed. I'm getting that done.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC

Using the MY wedge with my 350 verado and I like them. easy on/off.

6. Member
    MY wedges came today. Boy are they easy on and easy off. Can hardly wait for better weather to see how they road.

7. Member
    I have a 300 Verado on my Ranger Z522 and would like t use the MY Wedge motor support. Does anyone know if they make one to fit this engine and if they do which model I would need?
    Any help would be most appreciated.

8. Member
    It is just the universal my wedge. Get 2.

9. Member
    Thanks for your help Jig Man. I am considering ordering two of these universal M-Y wedges. Has anyone had any issues with these on the 300 hp Verados?

10. Member
    You shouldn't have any problem both mine and yours weigh 635#.

These are nice and work great can buy 3 cut 1 in 1/2 to add length if needed. They work great and simple. BTW they don't float so remember that.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC

12. Member
    I ordered 2 today and will see if it that works. If not I will order an additional one to cut in half and glue to the 2 I've already ordered. How much clearance do you recommend between the bottom of the skeg and the ground when trailering?
    Thanks for your help guys.

13. Member
    I see no need for the extra length. Mine is as high as I want it to be and I'm not sure that you could keep them glued together anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman522 View Post
    I ordered 2 today and will see if it that works. If not I will order an additional one to cut in half and glue to the 2 I've already ordered. How much clearance do you recommend between the bottom of the skeg and the ground when trailering?
    Thanks for your help guys.
    They are plenty stock about typical height to others.the added 1/2 part it's done with zip ties , drill small hole on each side.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC

15. Member
    Howdy,

Can you still use a transom saver along with the wedges in order to take pressure of the trailer?

Take care,

Ruddiger

Quote Originally Posted by Ruddiger View Post
    Howdy,

Can you still use a transom saver along with the wedges in order to take pressure of the trailer?

Take care,

Ruddiger
    no transom saver needed (long rodtype used) these go on the 2 lift cylinder rods and trim down til they touch and it holds motor up. The old style transom saver as most call it is never needed or used. The y can be used if you have adjustment in transom saver, you'd have to drill holes in the aluminum tubing but again not needed
    JEFF MURRAY USMC

Id like to see some pictures of these. Still using the factory support. Thought of making my own out of PVC to change the angle of motor during longer pulls through weird areas when I could need extra skeg clearance for the parking lot curbs I drive over.

Shit...nevermind. Didnt even know they made the one for the Verado. Al Linder always has good info.

19. Member
    I got the Universal MY Wedge motor supports in and it looks like I am going to have approximately 14" of clearance between the bottom of the skeg and the ground. I would feel better with 16" to 18" of clearance but do you guys think 14" is enough? Really be nice if you could buy them a couple of inches longer. May end up having to buy an additional one and add a couple of inches to each one.

20. Member
    What about the Motormate, are these a viable option to the My Wedge or the factory supports?

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast