Garmin EchoMap 93sv Amp Draw While Unit is Off

I was wondering if anyone knows if it draw current when the unit is powered off, because I have a Ray Marine Dragonfly that Does, and it will run the battery down if I don't unplug it when I'm not using it.

2. Member
    Check the installation guide.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

I would think off is off. It shouldn't draw anything. I have my 93's wired to my dash power switch then they are set to auto on. Zero drain.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    They will almost always draw a small current when off if there is an auto ON function. Its not much. but its there. Might only be .005 amps or maybe even less - too low to measure with a normal gauge. They have to power the sensor somehow.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

5. Member
    I've wired and rewired over the years. Different brands and different units within a brand. Quite often if running the wiring from the unit to the battery, that last hookup will draw a spark. Why? I don't know. I've tested the same units with an inline ammeter to see what they draw and when I turn them off, got 0 to the nearest hundredths of an amp, assuming it was accurate. Finally, I just didn't want to worry any more about heading out and finding low batteries so I wired all the electronics through a Blue Seas Fuse Panel and it powered with an in dash lighted on/off switch. One less thing to worry about. Look across the dash, no lights, forget about it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    They will almost always draw a small current when off if there is an auto ON function. Its not much. but its there. Might only be .005 amps or maybe even less - too low to measure with a normal gauge. They have to power the sensor somehow.
    Thats a good point about the Auto on.
    In my case I turn my dash power switch off so no drain.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,