RT188 Trailer Step recommendations

I'm sure there have been previous posts on this subject, but would appreciate any and all trailer step suggestions from Ranger Tin owners. Launching alone and getting in the boat via the bow is tricky just stepping on the trailer tongue. Thanks guys
    2016 Ranger RT188
    115 Yamaha SHO

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin

Ranger makes a very nice step with adjustable height pole for the RT series but it is expensive. I have it and it works VERY well. puts you to the side so you don't have to step over the trolling motor to enter the boat.

basstrackeroptimax on this forum makes a step package for the RT that mounts to the winch stand. To my knowledge he has not fashioned a pole for it yet. Hopefully he will be along and give you more info on what he offers.

There is also the Easy Step System that I have seen mounted on an RT.

3. Member
    Not a Ranger on my lowes I took it to a good welding shop. Cost about 1/3 the price to have made. Works great

4. Member
    I have an ES-1 and really like it. Some think $300 is expensive, but after two falls, worth every penny.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

5. Member
    I did the same as Nobass. Had my local machine shop make this for me. Never get my feet in the water and works even if boat slides back on trailer. Hell of alot cheaper than the steps they sell
    Attached Images Attached Images

These are BTO's steps with an inexpensive grab bar that I made from 3/4 inch pipe. The grab bar looks a little "unfinished" but it works great. However, I think BTO quit making these steps when he got the new job and lost access to some of the fab equipment he used. I am sure he will weigh in later.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

7. Member
    Nice oldgoat I really like that

Quote Originally Posted by JLMitchell19 View Post
    I'm sure there have been previous posts on this subject, but would appreciate any and all trailer step suggestions from Ranger Tin owners. Launching alone and getting in the boat via the bow is tricky just stepping on the trailer tongue. Thanks guys
    I strongly recommend getting Rangers step

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Check out www.trickstep.com, I've got one built specifically for the RT series.

10. Member

11. Member
    Cool

1997 Champion 181
    Merc XR6 150