Prop question--fury 4

Hi gang. I'm currently running a champion 210 with a 26p tempest. Works great until the
    livewells are full. Then she's sluggish out of the hole unless I raise the JP all the way up.
    Looking at a fury 4. Any of you guys have any experience? Should I go down a pithx to a 25 or stick with the 26p?
    thanks in advance.

2. Member
    It depends on what your WOT RPM's are with the 26P Tempest.
    What motor?
    What are the current WOT RPM's?

3. Member
    not positive I'm guessing 5500-5600 if that i don't air her out much. motor is a 250proxs

4. Member
    Guessing on the correct prop can get expensive, and could harm the motor. I suggest you get accurate RPM data @WOT, so you can get the correct prop for YOUR boat, the way you load it.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Also- perhaps the most important: Please see the Announcements at the top of the forum, and provide the REQUIRED info. Thanks!

That way we'll know which one of three (3) possible gearcases are on your engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor