Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vessel view mobile

Serial # 2B056916

i installed a VesselView mobile today and I love it. My question is, I installed a water pressure sending unit for it also. I had a analog gauge that ran off a hose running from the engine to the gauge of I wanted to keep it operational so I just put in a 1/8" tee and hooked both up. Is this a problem or will I be fine?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Perfectly acceptable, as long as there are no leaks (and the tee is located so that it doesn't break easily, or cause vibration problems).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtfire View Post
    Serial # 2B056916

i installed a VesselView mobile today and I love it. My question is, I installed a water pressure sending unit for it also. I had a analog gauge that ran off a hose running from the engine to the gauge of I wanted to keep it operational so I just put in a 1/8" tee and hooked both up. Is this a problem or will I be fine?
    Pictures of your install please!

If I wasn't lost, I'd surely know where I was going!

4. Member
    I tried to load a pic but my file was too large. Will get a different pic and load it.

5. Member
    I was under the assumption that it was just one harness to hook up and there was no need for additional sensors and such?

6. Member
    The water pressure does require a sending unit because standard is just a hose running to the gauge.

7. Member
    Is there an additional harness to hook up to the vvm unit then?

8. Member
    The wire for the sending unit was right beside where it goes. Just pull the cap off of it and plug it in.

9. Member
    Guess I should have bought the water pressure sending unit also when I bought the vvm. I didn't even see anywhere in their advertising that suggested that you could do that.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Block (Water) Pressure Sensor would be an ENGINE accessory (not part of the Vessel View Mobile).

Rhonda (in our Parts Department) can assist you with that, if you would like to add it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

11. Member
    Rhonda recommended it to me otherwise I would not have known.

12. Member
    Are these additional sensors picked up by the mobile module? Is the data actually displayed in the APP if you hook the sensors up?

13. Member
    That's the same thing I was wondering transom. I want to be able to take full advantage of this vvm, especially if any of my analog gauges are off.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Are these additional sensors picked up by the mobile module? Is the data actually displayed in the APP if you hook the sensors up?
    Yes.

15. Member
    My mobile app is not showing any water pressure with the new sending unit connected. Any ideas?

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Make sure there is indeed water pressure at the sensor, no sealer beaded over the connection, etc.

17. Member
    But it does not even show a water pressure reading on the screen. It shows water temp, rpm, voltage etc. but doesn't even have a pressure reading.

Guys - Received this is from the Vessel View Mobile Development Team today.

The app is still limited to just rpm, engine temperature, battery voltage, engine hours, and fuel flow.

So... Water pressure will not be displayed. I had the same question as I would also like to see Oil temp and pressure if available. They related that there is more in the works.

19. Member
    Great. I just paid $84 for a useless sending unit! ����

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'll add this to my list of suggestion notes... certainly no reason they can't have that available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast