Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stockrex View Post
    So every merc engine is capable is reading coolant pressure?
    No.

This information is only available on engines that are capable of DISPLAYING it.

App upgrades have made it possible for some engines to now see water pressure.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stockrex View Post
    So every merc engine is capable is reading coolant pressure?
    I cant comment on all merc engines but I have a new 150 4S and it does. So the app\appliance does have the functionality

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    I cant comment on all merc engines but I have a new 150 4S and it does. So the app\appliance does have the functionality
    The 150 4-Stroke models require an optional Block Pressure Sensor in order to display Water Pressure. If you are receiving this item, the sensor was added to your engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    The 150 4-Stroke models require an optional Block Pressure Sensor in order to display Water Pressure. If you are receiving this item, the sensor was added to your engine.
    Thanks that makes sense, I have a 2016 95 hp 4 stroke, and I did not have a spec sheet on my engine to figure out what sensors it has. From what you posted it is an optional sensor.
    Shibs
    Crestliner 1700 with 90 hp 4S (2016)
    Avid spoonplugger and student of Buck Perry.
    Fish out of Muskegon Lake, MI

Onix 10 SI

5. Member
    Question for Don.
    I have a 2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS S#2B442155 with Vessel View Mobile.
    What do I need to add to get water pressure to report on my Vessel View Mobile? I don't want to add a gauge on my dash just have Vessel View Mobile monitor the water pressure.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe3buck3 View Post
    Question for Don.
    I have a 2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS S#2B442155 with Vessel View Mobile.
    What do I need to add to get water pressure to report on my Vessel View Mobile? I don't want to add a gauge on my dash just have Vessel View Mobile monitor the water pressure.
    This engine would also require the addition of a Water Pressure (Block Pressure) Sensor Kit. Rhonda, in our Parts Department can assist you with that.

7. Member
    I have vessel view link, it is different.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma
    2015 Ranger RT 188, Mercury 115 4 stroke

8. Member
    So just to clarify "coolant temp" reading on VesselView mobile is not going to be the same as your actual engine temp? Correct?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    A question for Don. Do all the digital versions of 300HP V8's (Verado, ProXS, 300R, 300) come with a digital block water pressure sensor from the factory? I may be mistaken but I thought only the mechanical versions of these engines did not come with the digital water pressure sensor??

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No. Verado models DO have the sensor. Most of the mechanical version engines do NOT (example: ProXS V6/V8 Fourstrokes).

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arifflb30 View Post
    So just to clarify "coolant temp" reading on VesselView mobile is not going to be the same as your actual engine temp? Correct?
    Coolant Temp is your engine temp 4-stroke models.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123