Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Vessel View install, very easy:
    2016 Ranger Z518
    Mercury 150 HP Fourstroke

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Nice video.

One item to note... this module and app function as an instrument (and though they are capable of displaying maintenance reminders and/or faults that are occurring, it is not actually a "diagnostic tool").

When the website is done (and units are set up for use with it), there will be a logging feature that will let you specify a dealer that can access some fault and maintenance data information (requires you to specifically grant access).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    I'll add this to my list of suggestion notes... certainly no reason they can't have that available.
    Ask them to add the trim setting as well.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Will do. I suspect that some of these items are limited by the Bluetooth Connection... which is probably why some items were left off (otherwise there might be a considerable lag in data display).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Don have you had anyone express problems with the app crashing? At least twice a day when I am out, my app will crash on my ipad while I am running the lake. I have to restart the app and reconnect.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    As of yet, I have not heard reports of this. Suggest verifying you are on the latest IOS version (app will be designed for the latest operating system).

7. Member
    I am. Mine was doing it when i was part of the test group before merging to the current one. Thought it would be resolved but has not so far. At least for me. Was wondering if anyone else was having similar issues.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled...

Try uninstalling the app, and then download it again, just to see if it makes any difference.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XS-Skeet View Post
    Guys - Received this is from the Vessel View Mobile Development Team today.

The app is still limited to just rpm, engine temperature, battery voltage, engine hours, and fuel flow.

So... Water pressure will not be displayed. I had the same question as I would also like to see Oil temp and pressure if available. They related that there is more in the works.

I received this email from Mercury Customer Service:

We are sending this email to you to follow up on some conversation we had regarding Vessel View Mobile. After speaking with another associate who has specialty training with Vessel View Mobile, it seems there has been a mistake with the sell sheet documents for this. Our marketing department has informed our customers, and us, that the mobile device will show all engine SmartCraft parameters. This is not the case. In fact, Vessel View Mobile will only be able to display the following information: Engine RPM, GPS Speed, Engine Temperature, Engine Hours, Engine Faults, and Battery Voltage. We sincerely apologize for the conflicting information. We hope this information is helpful to you. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service department at 920-929-5040 between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, CST

10. Member
    What is funny about that statement is that it is also incorrect.... Vessel View Mobile also displays fuel usage data, including real time and average fuel economy.
    David Patten
    Automotive and marine technician.

11. Member
    Ah yes. The good old bait and switch.......

12. Member
    I have the vessel view on my Mercury. The water pressure is nowhere to be found, but was able to get this info on my HDS info tab. Well after recent update of my VV software no more water pressure reading. I have the block sensor installed. I hope there is a update.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma
    2015 Ranger RT 188, Mercury 115 4 stroke

13. Member
    When a recent update happened I contacted the app developers as one of the readings disappeared. Temperature if I remember correctly. I got a response that the default page removed some of the data. However you can now create new pages with more data than before.

14. Member
    Just not the one thing I really use, water pressure. I guess I will just watch temps and peehole, wasted 700.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma

15. Member
    It does water pressure but you must install the sensor on your motor if not factory equipped.

16. Member
    I have the sensor.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azbassman352 View Post
    Just not the one thing I really use, water pressure. I guess I will just watch temps and peehole, wasted 700.
    I am not sure if there are different flavors of the app but I have water pressure on mine. It actually is called coolant pressure. You have to add it via the interface first though
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by azbassman352 View Post

You spent $700 on Vessel View Mobile? If so, you paid more than twice the normal cost.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

19. Member
    Took mine out on the water yesterday and sure enough it read coolant pressure and temp. So just want to make sure that everyone knows that it does in fact show both

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    Took mine out on the water yesterday and sure enough it read coolant pressure and temp. So just want to make sure that everyone knows that it does in fact show both
    So every merc engine is capable is reading coolant pressure?
    Shibs
    Crestliner 1700 with 90 hp 4S (2016)
    Avid spoonplugger and student of Buck Perry.
    Fish out of Muskegon Lake, MI

Onix 10 SI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast