OX66 225 cutting out, move kill switch and it runs

2000 ox66 225. I was running today and it died on plane. Trying what I could on the fly, I played with the kill switch and it started back up. Got it back on plane and it did the same thing, only this time I played with the kill switch immediately and it regained power. It seems obvious that the kill switch is bad but I'm no mechanic. Can anyone chime in to confirm? Thanks...

2. Banned
    Go behind the dash and find the black and white leads to the kill switch. Disconnect the black lead. If the motor now runs normally that is a pretty good clue that the kill switch is failing. Just don't do anything stupid and get thrown out of the boat while the kill switch is disabled.

If the kill switch is the problem it should be a simple plug and play replacement.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jethro1 View Post
    Go behind the dash and find the black and white leads to the kill switch. Disconnect the black lead. If the motor now runs normally that is a pretty good clue that the kill switch is failing. Just don't do anything stupid and get thrown out of the boat while the kill switch is disabled.

If the kill switch is the problem it should be a simple plug and play replacement.

No promises on not doing anything stupid. Thanks for the help! This seems easy enough.