Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsellsfords View Post
    I love it! I'll be going to pick up my Crestliner VT 18 this Wednesday and I really think I want one of these. Which fabric did you go with? Also is your frame aluminum or stainless? it's obvious you got the stainless fittings. If it's aluminum, I think it looks fine with the stainless fittings.
    Sunbrella fabric in charcoal, aluminum frame, stainless fittings.

2. Member
    If you don't mind could I get the height of the top from the floor in cockpit area?
    And thank you for the pictures. It really helped my wife visualize what it will look like. ( the one we ordered is also white dual console).

Awesome! Do you think the grab handle would prevent installing the slide rails? My Crestliner has the handle in the same place.
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    No way to get a nut inside the gunnel rail. I used stainless self taping screws. They come with the kit.
    Thanks for the quick response. Do you think the self tapping screws alone would be strong enough to hold an added cleat to be used for dock lines or mooring whips? Thanks again...sorry for the thread drift!

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. Do you think the self tapping screws alone would be strong enough to hold an added cleat to be used for dock lines or mooring whips? Thanks again...sorry for the thread drift!

That is how the factory cleats are mounted, so given proper installation I would think so.

Quote Originally Posted by tjsellsfords View Post
    Awesome! Do you think the grab handle would prevent installing the slide rails? My Crestliner has the handle in the same place.
    Had I not shortened my main bow 5 inches then the grab handle would have had to be removed. I would think with the rails it would have to be removed. The rail would likely cover the holes though. The handle might could be relocated.
    Last edited by Skeeterbait; 06-18-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    If you don't mind could I get the height of the top from the floor in cockpit area?
    And thank you for the pictures. It really helped my wife visualize what it will look like. ( the one we ordered is also white dual console).
    I will have to pull the boat out and roll the cover back to get that. I will try to get you a measurement soon and PM it to you.

8. Member
    That is how the factory cleats are mounted, so given proper installation I would think so.
    Very helpful, thanks!

9. Member
    Great job...... love your boat...

10. Banned
    Sharp

11. Member
    No way to get a nut inside the gunnel rail. I used stainless self taping screws. They come with the kit.
    What size is that bimini? Never mind, i found it. Did you go stainless?
    Last edited by Deerchaser; 03-06-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

12. Banned
    You can also purchase a "slide" that would allow you to adjust the top forward or back to give you clearance if you want to troll from the back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerchaser View Post
    What size is that bimini? Never mind, i found it. Did you go stainless?
    It is aluminum frame and stainless hardware. The stainless frame is expensive and very heavy. Unless you fish salt water it isn't really needed.

14. Member

15. Member
    Beautiful Bimini. I've got the same boat and am considering getting the same top. Did you cut the post 6 inches? Also, is it easy to remove the top and framework assembly?
    yhanks in advance.

I drilled out the rivets on the bottom fittings and then used a tubing cutter to cut off around 5 or 6 inches. Cant remember exactly but it was in that range. I then redrilled for another rivet and used stainless steel rivets to reattach. Aluminum rivets will not withstand the torqueing I do not believe. The entire bimini can be detached from the end swivels by removing one screw on each side and then lifting it off the boat.

I have the same boat and would like to get the height, width, and Length of your top if possible. I really like the way it looks.

Thank you sir for any help you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by konadog View Post
    I have the same boat and would like to get the height, width, and Length of your top if possible. I really like the way it looks.

Thank you sir for any help you can provide.
    Well, my boat is in storage at the moment and I do not have plans to pull it out for a while, probably not till fall. This is where the top was purchased from specifically sized to the Ranger RT188.

http://www.websweeper.com/biminitops/id-28677

They list it as
    Width 73" - 78" Mine is indeed 78" across where it attaches to the gunnels. The canopy end is narrower.
    Length 6' This is going to be front to back across the opened canopy.
    Height 46" This is going to be the middle of the center bow when opened above the line across the gunnel attachment points.

I shortened my main bow about 5 inches to effectively move the gunnel attachment points back a bit. This also shortened my height a couple inches.
    Last edited by Skeeterbait; 06-18-2017 at 10:15 AM.

19. Member
    That is a sharp set up. I fish out of a Bass Tracker 175 TXW and my wife has ask about a top for shade. I looked on the link and they do provide one for my boat. My question is about the quality of the top and hardware. Like you I am interested in aluminum frame with SS hardware.

Its a Carver bimini they are selling. At least the one I got was Carver. It was actually shipped from the Carver plant. My understanding is Carver is a top manufacturer for bimini.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast