Thread: Dale Hollow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dale Hollow

Has anyone been to Dale recently? Has the small mouth bite gotten any better? I know this year has been hit and miss. I'm wanting to get back over there in the next few weeks.

2. Member
    I was there last Friday through Sunday. The wind was awful Friday and Saturday which made it tough. We caught a couple smallies each day. I think most of the brown fish are still on the main lake and it was just to windy to be out there. The LM are fat and ready, we caught several 3-5# LM in less than 5 FOW in the creeks. Should be getting real good any day now.

Largemouth were super shallow on Friday. Foot of water or less. Caught some good ones
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

Thanks for the reports.

5. Member
    What's the water temp?
    21XRD Bullet, Mercury 250XS
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

20XRD Bullet, 2.4L Bridgeport Merc
    899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shane23ss View Post
    What's the water temp?
    Last Friday when it was almost 80*, I found it as high as 57, by Sunday morning it was back to 49. I would imagine its still around that. And no I didn't throw the huddleston like I said I would.

7. Member
    I am heading to Dale Hollow on 3/18 - 3/22, and would love some pointers. Also, keep the reports coming please. PM any secret info if you don't want it out there.
    Ohio Bass Fishing with Edgar VanHoose
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/EdgarVanHoose

8. Member
    I also heard there is a big open tournament on Dale Hollow the weekend of 3/18 - 3/19? 50-75 boats? That can't do too much damage to a big lake like that. Anyone signed up for it?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evanhoose View Post
    I also heard there is a big open tournament on Dale Hollow the weekend of 3/18 - 3/19? 50-75 boats? That can't do too much damage to a big lake like that. Anyone signed up for it?
    Haven't heard about that, where is it launching from?

10. Member
    I think thats the sunset marina tournament. There have been a few reports over on the fishin.com forums in the kentucky board. The smalljaw forums seem to be stalling out lately.

Quote Originally Posted by evanhoose View Post
    I am heading to Dale Hollow on 3/18 - 3/22, and would love some pointers. Also, keep the reports coming please. PM any secret info if you don't want it out there.
    Where are you staying? There are 5 of us Ohio guys and 2 boats that will be there 3/15 - 3/19 on our annual spring trip. Hoping this lousy weather doesn't follow us!!
    Last edited by smp005; 03-12-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smp005 View Post
    Where are you staying? There are 5 of us Ohio guys and 2 boats that will be there 3/15 - 3/19 on our annual spring trip. Hoping this lousy weather doesn't follow us!!
    We are staying at the Eagle Cove Resort (cabins) on the Tenn side. We will be getting in Sat. 3/18 around 2:00 pm or so.

13. Member
    March 18-19 is the Spring Classic out of Sunset. March 25 is Jaw Breaker out of Star Point.

http://www.dalehollow.com/activities...ng-tournaments

Stratos 21XL Magnum
    Mercury 250 Pro XB

14. Member
    So with the slot limit on Smallmouth do the tournament anglers just fish for largemouth?

15. Member
    There are Smallmouth only tournaments, but all the larger tournaments like BFL, etc, are 5 fish limit so greenies is the only way to go. Don't think anyone would cull an "over" just cause it was a brown fish though.

Stratos 21XL Magnum
    Mercury 250 Pro XB

16. Member
    pretty much, unless you're confident you can catch an over. The LM were up shallow, the last time I was there. It's pretty easy to catch 15-18 lbs of greenfish this time of year.

What's the water temp at now after this cold front? I'm going to take my Dad next Friday, I'm hoping the forecast will change alittle. I saw it's forecasted for 19 mph winds out of the south.

18. Member
    This weekend the water temps were 49-52, and the fishing sucked, at least for me. Seemed like they started to warm up Sunday afternoon, just in time for me to leave.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dh0ckey11 View Post
    This weekend the water temps were 49-52, and the fishing sucked, at least for me. Seemed like they started to warm up Sunday afternoon, just in time for me to leave.
    Glad I went to KY lake instead.

20. Member
    Fished dale in a club tourney Sunday. We caught some fish Saturday and left them alone. Went back to them Sunday morning and it was on like donkey kong!!! We ended the day with close to 20 keepers and around 25 fish total . The best 5 went 18.76 enough for 1st place. 2nd place came in with 16 and change . Out of 18 boats there was only 8 boats weighed fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast