MAGPUL Lesson Learned

I bought a MAGPUL PTS foregrip on Ebay. I got a great price and it was much much cheaper than others.'
    WELL, I got the fore grip and tried to install it. It fit but the bolts were not long enough no matter what
    I tried. I called MAGPUL to ask what was I doing wrong. They told me MAGPUL PTS is not the same as
    MAGPUL MOE and is made by AIRSOFT for paintball guns. I filed for a refund as he stated in his ad
    on Ebay that it will fit anuy picatinny rail and made my MAGPUL. He did not hesitate to give me a refund.
    SO, I guess it goes back to the saying "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"
    If you order anything for your AR, make sure it is MAGPUL MOE unless you want the MAGPUL PTS.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

2. Member
    I made the same mistake with some Magpul PTS flip up sights, live and learn I guess.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by old373guy View Post
    I made the same mistake with some Magpul PTS flip up sights, live and learn I guess.
    I hear ya Mike... I just ordered a new rear flip up in FDE and I made damn sure it was MOE and not PTS. Big difference
    in quality and materials.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

4. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    You definitely have to watch what you're getting. I don't carry an AR for a living or anything but I certainly don't want any more cheap Chinese parts on mine than absolutely necessary lol

5. Member
    Should be renamed to pos.

6. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Should be renamed to pos.
    I like that...
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

7. Member
    PTS is for airsoft. The ad should have said PTS is not for reel steel guns.
    Question everything!

8. Banned
    Some airsoft stuff actually fits, depending on what it is. I bought a knock off Vltor stock for dirt cheap. When I got it I compared it to my real Vltor stock, and for all intents and purposes, they are identical. It fit a milspec buffer tube with no issues, locks up tight and works just like the real deal. Just doesn't have Vltor molded in to the side of it.

Another one I got was a DD free floating quad rail knock off. The only difference I could find was no gas tube hole was drilled. Drill press and 5 minutes fixed that. Installed and works perfectly. Matches the same style rail on my DDM4v3 factory rifle, just doesn't say Daniel Defense on the side.

I've bought a bunch of other "knock off" airsoft parts that worked with no issues. These all went on a "you'll never believe what I paid to build this rifle" build as a joke to a few friends.

You just have to know where to look as there are a lot of milspec airsoft parts out there.

9. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I agree that some will fit, BUT they are not the quality of MOE. I would rather pay a few extra dollars and get milspec quality. I guess everyone has their
    own opinions on this , just as everything else. I only have 2 ARs and I want them to hold up.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    I agree that some will fit, BUT they are not the quality of MOE. I would rather pay a few extra dollars and get milspec quality. I guess everyone has their
    own opinions on this , just as everything else. I only have 2 ARs and I want them to hold up.
    I agree. It's just funny that the Vltor airsoft stock I got is identical to the real one I have. I mean in every way, shape and form. Just no Vltor molded in the side of it. It's like they were made in the same factory. Only reason I bought all this stuff was for S&G. Honestly, the parts I bought are of decent quality.

11. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Dave, The part I got was garbage. The bolts were not long enough to secure it to the rail. The material was not as thick and "BEEFY" as the MOE I received.
    When I called MAGPUL, they told me the difference BUT did not tell me all the parts that were made different. All I know is the fore grip PTS was much
    thinner material and did not fit was well as the MOE. I do know my friend used some PTS sights and painted them and they worked for what he wanted.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971