Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Plasti Diped my wheels

They now match the black wheels on the truck. I could not see buying wheels to replace perfectly good ones.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

2. Member
    is that the spray on ? I was thinking of doing the same thing. looks good. Did you tape of the tires?

3. Member

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBBasser View Post
    is that the spray on ? I was thinking of doing the same thing. looks good. Did you tape of the tires?
    Spray on
    very easy tapping was a little time consuming I did not tape off tires. I tapped off valve stems, lug nuts and hubs. I placed cans in cooler with very warm water to help with spray I put Vaseline on tires. apply several coats allowing each to dry. 1st coat is light I put 5 coats. it pealed off tires very easy. and I only used 1 can for all 5 wheels.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

So you spray this on, and you can just peel it off after it dries?

6. Member
    yes

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Looks good

8. Member
    can you post more pictures,whole boat and tailer....Thought about doing this....they look good!!

9. Member
    I did this on my wheels to protect due to chrome peeling... Looks really good I think... If someone is pondering doing this, make sure you get wheels really clean before spraying.. going to have to redo mine because I was lazy and running out of time. I also hadn't cleaned my wheels in a very long time so spending 5 minutes a piece to clean wasn't enough... could have been what caused the original issue. whoops.

Looks really good on those wheels though... I'd like to see the whole picture too, It sets off a black stripe on a boat really well I think.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bengiff206 View Post
    I did this on my wheels to protect due to chrome peeling... Looks really good I think... If someone is pondering doing this, make sure you get wheels really clean before spraying.. going to have to redo mine because I was lazy and running out of time. I also hadn't cleaned my wheels in a very long time so spending 5 minutes a piece to clean wasn't enough... could have been what caused the original issue. whoops.

Looks really good on those wheels though... I'd like to see the whole picture too, It sets off a black stripe on a boat really well I think.
    I wll snap a pic Friday when I go out. Thx

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

11. Member
    looks good Rick, keep us posted on how it holds up? the vaseline needs to be cleaned off the tires really well. we did this to a dirtbike tire when I was a kid and the tire rubber flaked off that tire the rest of its life where the vaseline was

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTex View Post
    looks good Rick, keep us posted on how it holds up? the vaseline needs to be cleaned off the tires really well. we did this to a dirtbike tire when I was a kid and the tire rubber flaked off that tire the rest of its life where the vaseline was
    good to know i will hit it it cleaner when i get home today

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

13. Member
    Is the Vasoline necessary? You would think it would peel of the tire easy enough?

Wheels look good, nice and clean

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post
    Is the Vasoline necessary? You would think it would peel of the tire easy enough?

Wheels look good, nice and clean
    turns out no you don't need the Vaseline it peels off easy

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bengiff206 View Post

here ya go just got home wasn't expecting to be home today and able to fish tomorrow the truck is dirty.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

17. Banned
    I did my old Jeep wheels in plasti-dip. I put playing cards in the bead area for over spray on the tires. Took the cards out while the plasti-dip was still wet. Worked like a charm.

Great job

Plasti-Dip is some fantastic stuff to work with.

20. Member
    How's this Plasti-dip holding up? Did you do the leaf spring side of the rim also? I like the look!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast