Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    How's this Plasti-dip holding up? Did you do the leaf spring side of the rim also? I like the look!
    still holding up very well. No I did not do the inside of wheel. I even had new tires put on all I needed was slight touch up around the edge after the machine.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

I did mine last spring! http://
    2003 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    2003 Evinrude 225HO

3. Member
    Great idea that I want to try to my chipping chrome wheels also. One question...what happens around your lug nuts if you have to change the tire? Does it 'crack' around the base of the lug nut and remove easily, or does it peal away from the wheel as the lug nut turns? Any experience there? Thx

Tom Gates, 2005 Triton TR196DC LE, 200 Opti

4. Member
    I did my wheels as well. I sprayed 5 coats of black plasti-dip and two coats of silver metallic flake. The color matches the stripes on the hull almost perfectly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdz1 View Post
    I did my wheels as well. I sprayed 5 coats of black plasti-dip and two coats of silver metallic flake. The color matches the stripes on the hull almost perfectly.
    I have to say, that is one sweet combination there. Matches the truck perfectly.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smjunior25 View Post
    I did mine last spring! http://
    Hey Junior! What have you got there, as in what size, brand and load rating trailer tires? Are those stock 'cat wheels? I'd like the lower profile tire setup because my stock 215/75R14 Marathons rub on the fenders, and they look great.
    Fish frequently, my friends! ----------<')))><
    2001 Triton TR20, 225L OptiMax, 26" Tempest Plus, Serial No: PT345686

7. Member
    Anyone debating on plastidipping their wheels should go ahead and try it. It is very easy stuff to remove if you decide to take it off. I have use stiffed bristle brushes to pull off coatings before. Also it holds up quite well as well. I sprayed a set of chrome pro comp wheels and they lasted about three years before I sold the wheels. I never mask anything of now. Just paint then rub the over spray off after it all dries

8. Member
    Anyone debating on plastidipping their wheels should go ahead and try it. It is very easy stuff to remove if you decide to take it off. I have use stiffed bristle brushes to pull off coatings before. Also it holds up quite well as well. I sprayed a set of chrome pro comp wheels and they lasted about three years before I sold the wheels. I never mask anything of now. Just paint then rub the over spray off after it all dries

9. Member
    Any particular brand better than the other?

10. Member
    Can you use a pressure washer to clean plasti-dip coated wheels, or will the coating get damaged?

11. Member
    I'd say it would damage the coating.

12. Member
    Saved yourself some money by not buying new wheels, I like the black wheels on a trailer

13. Member
    I did Plastic Dip on my fiberglass fenders. Looked great until one day I was filling up with gas and it over flowed. You know the rest of the story.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

14. Member
    plasti dip is great stuff but man it's brutal to get off if you want to reapply in a year or two. used an entire bottle of goo gone and wasted a few towels

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by behls16 View Post
    plasti dip is great stuff but man it's brutal to get off if you want to reapply in a year or two. used an entire bottle of goo gone and wasted a few towels
    The key is to spray it on thick and it will peel off. Lots of youtube vids about this.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    The key is to spray it on thick and it will peel off. Lots of youtube vids about this.
    yup... more coats easier to peel gotta go at least 7

17. Member
    i found liberally putting mineral spirits on it and then power washingi hing it waorkds very well but dont do it in the sun as it will dry out the spirits before it gets to work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12