Lowrance Totalscan transducer placement

Hi guys,
    im trying to figure out where the best place would be to mount my lowrance totalscan transducer. I bought a stern saver to place on the boat so I don't have to drill any holes into the back of my boat. The stern saver does not fit next to the drain plug and aerator. I was wondering if I could mount it where my current DI transducer is and not have any issues with the totalscan getting interference from the motor. any help/ tips would be appreciated! The boat is a 1993 Cajun with a Yamaha 150
    Thanks
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I have a Triton. I installed my total scan near where your water intake is in your third photo. I put it under the jackplate to keep it more protected because of its size. I used a stern saver also. The total scan needs to be at or near the lowest part of the transom. You don't want anything out to the side of it that will interfere with the side scan.

It can go where your DI ducer is just make sure it is below your jackplate so there is no interference. It you reattach the DI just make sure it is a bit higher than your total scan.

3. Member
    Did you use the full size stern mount or the mini stern mount? The full size I'm not sure it will fit, right next to the water intake, and not sure again if the mini mount will hold the totalscan transducer. Thanks for your thoughts

4. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    tdaile44, this has nothing to do with the total scan ducer but I have a question...Is that a CMC hydraulic JP?? If so please take a pic of the port side for me and post it. I had one identical if it is and I want to see if the motor was mounted on the side of the JP and not inside? Also wonder if the inner and outer plates had a piece of nylstron bearing pates in side rather than the washers like on the outside?

As for the total scan ducer, you may be better off calling transducer Shield and saver and getting a mount for the side of the JP instead drilling more holes in your boat. That's what I'm doing with mine
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P