Secrets of Brewer Lake

I have battled this watershed for years and years and have seen really nice fish come out of it, but I always strike out with a few schooling 2-3lb fish. Its a very healthy lake and one of my favorites, just because I keep trying to break the ice on a decent 5+ lb fish. It seems the only way I can produce anything is chasing the schools and using top water baits. I know a few guys that really dread fishing this lake, but I like the challenge and know there are a lot of double digit Bass in there. Oh and pressure, yeah, for its size this may be one of the most pressured lakes around here IMO.

Anyone have any tips or success stories with this lake they want to share?

2. Member
    Flip buck brush and drag football jigs in/around the numerous brush piles that are there. Most of the big ones stay deep year round

3. Member
    Find 15' of water and you will find the brush

Thanks a lot guys. My electronics are dated and no SI. I have been searching for the "added" structure that is showing on the AGFC website, but I'm beginning to wonder if all of these are shallow water only? Are these just those wood boxes that the Game and Fish build? I have only had some success on that east rock bank next to the dam and basically just out in the main body of water.

thank you guys for all your info.

I have been trying to hook my 74 year old Dad with a nice fish as he is not doing that well. We used to fish a lot when I was a kid and If I can turn him on to a 5 or 6lber this year, I feel like it would make things better in some strange way.

5. Member
    Best wishes on big fish for your dad

6. Member
    Hammerhead, I fish Brewer alot....interested in maybe partnering up for a trip sometime?

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Best wishes on big fish for your dad
    Thanks Stretch!

Quote Originally Posted by rustedhooks View Post
    Hammerhead, I fish Brewer alot....interested in maybe partnering up for a trip sometime?
    Pm'd you RH. thanks!