Native Slayer 13

Got a brand new Native Slayer 13 today . Took it out for an hour or so and man is this thing sweet! Steady wind and it didn't bother me a bit hardly. Super stable, good speed into the wind. I didn't stand up to fish in the wind but I was able to step off the bank and back on when I was done and didn't feel tippy at all. It is heavy though, gonna build a PVC cart this week or next for sure to be able to tote it across the yard to the water or across a parking lot. What are you guys using to store your kayaks on? I'm thinking just a couple saw horses in the garage will do it. Added a Scotty rod holder up front in the cockpit, anchor trolley and a Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Pro is gonna be here next week. Even managed to get a couple 12 & 13 inchers in the boat.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

2. Member
    Congrats

Perception recommends storing them hung from the side or on end. They say prolonged storage on the keel can lead to deformation of the hull.
    Ranting incoherently

4. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Perception recommends storing them hung from the side or on end. They say prolonged storage on the keel can lead to deformation of the hull.
    My Hobie guy said the same. Great advice.

Congrats RDS.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

Excellent choice. If you FB there's a good group to share info. https://www.facebook.com/groups/slayerpropel/

Done. Thanks!
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

7. Member
    530 Farragut Ave B, Great Lakes, IL 60088
    Make a video

Finally took a pic basically set up. Found some small fish chasing bait up on the bank so not pics of them. And misjudged the tide table on that particular creek so had a slower return trip than I planned

He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

9. Member
    I store my Propel 10 on one of those white plastic folding tables. I think it's an 8 foot one. I use to put my Wilderness Ride 115 on it. Never had any problems. Wished it had wheels so I could just roll it to my truck bed.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasporty View Post
    I store my Propel 10 on one of those white plastic folding tables. I think it's an 8 foot one. I use to put my Wilderness Ride 115 on it. Never had any problems. Wished it had wheels so I could just roll it to my truck bed.
    good to see another SP10 owner here. I'm in Hot Springs Village.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

11. Member
    While the Right way to store them is hung by the side, I suspect 2 pieces of 4 inch PVC, aligned with the grooves in the hull bottom, would be better than lying on a flat surface.

Congrats!
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Nice ride

Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    While the Right way to store them is hung by the side, I suspect 2 pieces of 4 inch PVC, aligned with the grooves in the hull bottom, would be better than lying on a flat surface.
    That's what I'm doing now on the back and a folded up yoga mat under the nose.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Quote Originally Posted by Texasporty View Post
    I put these on my SP10 now that Native approves bolting them right onto the gear tracks. On your rear tracks there's two empty slots that don't have bolts through that need one each for reinforcement. Very solid and rolls easily. Pricey but buy one and done.

https://boonedoxusa.com/products/landing-gear

I've heard that some of the early boondox and older slayers would get deformed from the landing gear but it's mainly been fixed since just beware. I want to get a set of landing gear for mine but that's probably gonna be a Christmas present or something b/c they are pricey lol!
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

17. Member
    There are many PVC DIY carriers on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    I've heard that some of the early boondox and older slayers would get deformed from the landing gear but it's mainly been fixed since just beware. I want to get a set of landing gear for mine but that's probably gonna be a Christmas present or something b/c they are pricey lol!
    The early version had a smaller inner backing plate that did cause issues. They have a larger plate that's supposed to fix it but mounting to the tracks vs. drilling four rather large holes is the way to go IMO. It gives easy on or off completely with no drilling other than beefing up the track in the one location.

Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    There are many PVC DIY carriers on Youtube.
    The first one I built broke under the weight when I turned a corner. I got this cart off Amazon then added 2 2' pieces of PVC the go in the groove along the back and it works like a champ. And way less than the Boonedox. But I will eventually get the landing gear just have to let the wife get some toys first lol. https://smile.amazon.com/TMS-CART-CA...BPGER4T1TTZVHK
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

20. Member
    SAAWEEET!