Request a Quote? Evinrude!

Why do they bother putting this on their site. I filled it out twice and no one has contacted me with a quote. So I guess I'll just stick with the motor I have! So I guess They don't want to sell a motor!

2. Member
    Pick up the phone and call the local dealers-best way to get a feel for the dealer and also receive the best pricing.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    There are obviously communication layers between the corporate BRP site and local dealers. Kind of like trying to contact your home town mayor via Washington. The advice to do a dealer search and call the dealers (few dealers do email well, either) is your best bet, throughout the marine industry, not just Evinrude.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

When I done my re-power I found my motor through a dealer search on the Evinrude website. I gave my email, list my zipcode and requested a quote from any dealer within 100 miles. I got 3 or 4 emails if my memory is correct. One of them is who I bought my motor from. This was in 2014. Evinrude will not give you a direct quote. They send your info out to dealers and its up to them to reply back.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    When I done my re-power I found my motor through a dealer search on the Evinrude website. I gave my email, list my zipcode and requested a quote from any dealer within 100 miles. I got 3 or 4 emails if my memory is correct. One of them is who I bought my motor from. This was in 2014. Evinrude will not give you a direct quote. They send your info out to dealers and its up to them to reply back.
    I didn't expect a direct quote from Evinrude, but not one dealer has contacted me. So I guess business is good! Maybe it was because I was also interested in trading my 2007 150hp etec!

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RDOCK View Post
    I didn't expect a direct quote from Evinrude, but not one dealer has contacted me. So I guess business is good! Maybe it was because I was also interested in trading my 2007 150hp etec!
    That's a different can of worms. Dealers I've talked to seem very reluctant to take motors in trade. Possibly the issue is that their lending institutions don't want to floor plan used motors. Anything they are unfamiliar with (banks, that is), that also has a wide range of value, spooks them. And boat dealers typically do not want to tie up working capital in older motors, or even older boats for that matter. I feel for your situation, as I have been nibbling for a couple of years now about repowering my late-model 250 H.O. to a G2. I've talked directly to the dealer, who has been a little less than eager. Trading entire rigs? Much easier, at least for me. But if you called the dealers and asked them point blank, at least you would know what you're facing.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Member
    Thanks JC. I guess I'll just stick with my motor and hope for the best ! So far it's been pretty reliable.

When I bought mine, I think I heard my dealer say, 'show me the money."
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419