1991 Stratos 285 Pro XL DC w/150 intruder

Going to go look at this boat saturday afternoon. Pics Ive seen of it looks like it set outside uncovered a lot. Carpet is so so,nothing real bad but it is worn. Seats are fugly but no apparent rips,gelcoat faded and scratched. Bow panel is sun faded and has a small hole in it from something. Trailer banged up a bit,cant tell how banged up in pics. Older tm,older humminbird 5inch graph. I cant find much online to compare it to for a fair price so Im wondering what you all would guess its worth at? Anyone with a similar boat that can tell me what they paid? Asking price is $4800 but Im thinking that may be high since it needs carpet,seats,gel coat at least buffed if nothing major,and a new prop (previous owner put a aluminum or painted stainless prop on). I know these old 285's were pretty good boats back in the day as a friend had one in 91. Anything I should look for peculiar to a Stratos?
    2005 Tracker PT175
    1987 Ranger 373V Bassmasters Classic

2. Member
    I have the exact same boat except its a 1993 and it looked like a brand new one when I bought it and only gave $4500. They are great boats and handle the water really good. Check the carbs this motor is known to leak. I have to rebuild mine. As far as the hull just check for weak spots in the floor most times it around the drain hole. If it is really rough I would low ball around $3000 and prob wouldn't go about $3500 unless the floor is in good shape and the motor has no problems.
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

3. Member
    Thanks,thats kinda what I was thinkin price wise
    2005 Tracker PT175
    1987 Ranger 373V Bassmasters Classic

check the transom a must, since kept out side mines a 89 285 pro but I had it out side for a month tarp covered, as was using it a lot.. other wise stays under a shingled roof.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Price seems high. I bought a 1995 Stratos 248 DC with an Evinrude 150 Intruder on the back last spring for $2700. The boat looks like it never left the show room, the motor need a tune up as it was not run in 10 years but otherwise was a in great working order.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    check the transom a must, since kept out side mines a 89 285 pro but I had it out side for a month tarp covered, as was using it a lot.. other wise stays under a shingled roof.

Look's just like my 201,same color.But i have a Mercury 200 2.5hp