Thread: New 2017 v-20

New 2017 v-20

I bought my first new v-20 almost two years ago from Tim at SMI Marine. I wasn't sure if I was staying with Legend or going to try a Ranger when I got ready to buy again. That being said I have been very happy with my v-20. It ran very well and the fishing platform is excellent. I like the storage compartments better than any boat I have looked at. I am 6'-6" and need a lot of leg room up front and the front deck on the v-20 is huge. If anyone has ever seen a Legend up close the fit and finish speakes for itself, if not you need to see one. They may have had some issues when they first came out but what new models haven't.

Tim at SMI Marine and Kody at Legend have always bent over backwards to help me with anything I need done. They are very stand up guys. It is good to have people like this there when you need them. So I got to thinking why would I go anywhere else when I got ready to buy again. I called Tim a couple weeks ago to shoot the bull and we got to talking about when I was going to trade boats. He made me a deal I couldn't pass up so I called Kody to ask what changes were made on the 2017 v-20 models and this is what he told me.

The 2017 v-20 has had some changes in some of the composites they use which makes the boat lighter ,stronger and stiffer. They have moved some weight from the back of the boat towards the front which helps balance the boat as well as giving it a better hole shot. He said they think they have solved all the problems the had with the earlier models and getting a speed increase of 2-3 mph. So I have ordered my new v-20 and I am staying with Legend. When it comes in and I get it broke in I will post what changes I see in the new model. If anyone is thinking about buying a new Legend give Tim a call at(502)435-8113 he will take care of you.

Thank you Tim and Kody for all your help and for putting up with me.

2. Legend Boats Moderator

4. Member
    PM sent