Anybody Interested in one of these?

Well, desperate times required desperate measures. Came up with this about two weeks ago. Decreased the interference on my ps21 and gt22 by a third or more....will post some pics or video next time out. ymmv.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    My mileage would definitely vary as I'd destroy that in the first hour. haha

3. Member
    You can hang on both ends with it over a door...at least I can at 195lbs. Doubt it. Might hang your boat on your trolling motor though.

4. Member
    I'd be more interested in the fabrication steps.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Either nylon, which is to pricey for my blood....or carbon fiber infused plastic which seems to be plenty strong.

6. Member
    Thats pretty slick. Does it get the PS21 far enough away from the motor to allow you to calibrate the compass?
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

7. Member
    Was going to try that today...and forgot. Think it will work as it's away from the magnets.
    Will try that next time. Here is video from two or three weeks ago when I started this thing, and from today. It's not perfectly clear, but the rays are gone. Has some clutter up close that I have seen on other people's video, but think that might be normal and can still turn down to low sensitivity and play with it a bit. What I had was an unusable ps21 unit on the tm. Of course, I forgot to video the gt22 on the tm.....it's clear. No more spikes.

before...

after.....

Fwiw...in the process of designing a mount for the ps31 and a standard transducer. Similar to this but a bit thicker material, an not quite such the offset from the motor, due to the weight. But it will allow a ps31 to be mounted on a powerdrive, terrova, xi5, etc with the sliding shaft....on the side like this one.

8. Member
    Looks like it worked pretty well. I think you might get even more attention if the interference on the GT22 went down that much too.

9. Member
    The results were better on the gt22.

10. Member
    Id get some before/after videos and then post on this thread

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=775508

and maybe in the trolling motor forum. If it works for Garmin it will work for any brand - as long as the source of the interference is the same as yours. Id have them test by removing their transducer from the TM first to see if that helps. If it doesnt, your gizmo wont do any good.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    Id get some before/after videos and then post on this thread

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=775508

and maybe in the trolling motor forum. If it works for Garmin it will work for any brand - as long as the source of the interference is the same as yours. Id have them test by removing their transducer from the TM first to see if that helps. If it doesnt, your gizmo wont do any good.
    Thats what I did to finally realize it was something in the motor. Guess it is just a big spinning magnet. Took off the prop and stuck the motor in a big cooler full of water. Got the same interference in the cooler. Detached the transducer and moved it away from the motor, interference decreased the further away it got. Tried it standing in shallow water at the lake...same result. That's what finally drove this to be created.

12. Member
    You are right though...if it's a cable problem, grounding problem, etc....won't help. But if it's from the actual motor.....here is my before video for gt22. Was playing with the settings while recording. Will post an after video when I get back...gone flying for four days.

Dont know why I didn't try this sooner now that I think of it. You have seen my videos of the ps30 and get 52, both mounted on the back of my boat. Clean as a whistle, always has been. Just finally realized I needed to do something about the front.
    Last edited by cactusflyr; 03-05-2017 at 07:34 AM.

13. Member
    Im interested.

14. Member
    Sorry, took so long to get this up. Work, a couple of windy days, more work, patent issues. Made it out finally and got some video of the gt22 on the sidekick. You be the judge. And yes, it will calibrate and show the scan area. I even jacked it up. Had the tm in heading hold as I started the turn, turned it off about 1/2 way through.....still calibrated. Sorry for only the quick demo, caught 150 or so fish and was heading home. Disregard the gt52 video, it has always been clean....was flipping back and forth trying to get the maximum number of views.

15. Member
    Thats a HUGE improvement!

Well done!

16. Member
    Knew it was coming directly from the motor, as the gt52 and ps30 on the back were clean. Nice having the cone showing where your scanning on the tm. Haven't used it yet though as I did the video and calibration right before putting the boat on the trailer.