gambler prop recommendations

im near the completion of a 1992 206 if been working on for the last year.for now,i will be running it with a modded 2.4 "frankenmerc",carbed,2:1 gears.
    i have a 25 pitch A45 that was worked for my skeeter,so im not sure how it will perform on this rig,i will be using it until i can get the engine though break-in.
    -10" slidemaster j.p.
    -no power poles and a 24 volt t.m
    -only carry enough tackle to fish a day
    recommendations for a prop and prop to pad measurement?

I'd post this on the Gambler Forum...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    IF that is an A45 trophy that should be a good prop to start with.
    Are you looking for max speed or a fishing prop. I know I sold a 26" Bravo worked to a 27" by Croxton to a Gambler owner here and he said it was the best prop he ever had on his boat. Bravo carry a load very well and still have good speed, and make great fishing props. The Trophy will probably be 1 to 2 mph faster.

4. Member
    not a trophy,a tempest,was a great prop for my skeeter as that os what it was tuned for.ive read the bravo is a popular choice for this hull,i will be on the lookout for one.thanks for the responses,thats why i moved this thread from the gambler section,50 veiws and no response.

5. Member
    I'm not familiar with the 206 hull, what hull skeeter did you have that prop on and how comparable are they too in weight and length?

how many rpm's do you want to turn? The 25 with 2.0's is gonna fire out of the hole but you are gonna have to wring its neck to get any speed.

Id prolly look to find at least a 27 depending on boat weight the 2.4's don't like a lot of weight getting out of the hole but will pull some r's. A 27 with 2.0's would prolly be ok.

6. Member
    fellow i got the boat from called it a 206,just looked at the title and its reg. as "20 GTE".
    i have the orginal bill of sale dated Dec.1991 from Maritec Industries as 20ft 6in.
    skeeter boat i still have,its going under the knife soon(stringers rotted,hull cracked)
    sf175,18ft boat,prop was worked for it by Rich at Leading Edge.

7. Member
    The SF 175 with same hp is a much much faster boat that requires less bow lift than the bigger heavier gambler.

Try it and see how it does, but I'm guessing it would need more cup. I'd still try to find a 27 since you have 2.0 gears.

8. Member
    It's a GT 206TE

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    It's a GT 206TE
    well,that brings all the info i got together nicely,thanks!��

10. Member
    this is not an ideal motor combo for this hull,i built this motor for a different boat that ended up being a rotten mess.ive been collecting parts for a promax build,which will begin soon.id really love to put 3.0 EFI on this boat but its just not happening right now.thanks for all the responses fellas!