Today's Bible Reading Thursday March 2, 2017

Old Testament (New King James Version)

The Book of Nahum: Chapter 3:12-13

All your strongholds are fig trees with ripened figs:
    If they are shaken,
    They fall into the mouth of the eater.

Surely, your people in your midst are women!
    The gates of your land are wide open for your enemies;
    Fire shall devour the bars of your gates.

New Testament (New King James Version)

The Gospel According to Mark: Chapter 14:66-72

Now as Peter was below in the courtyard, one of the servant girls of the high priest came. And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked at him and said, "You also were with Jesus of Nazareth." But he denied it, saying, "I neither know nor understand what you are saying." And he went out on the porch, and a rooster crowed. And the servant girl saw him again, and began to say to those who stood by, "This is one of them." But he denied it again. And a little later those who stood by said to Peter again, "Surely you are one of them; for you are a Galilean, and your speech shows it." Then he began to curse and swear, "I do not know this Man of whom you speak!" A second time the rooster crowed. Then Peter called to mind the word that Jesus had said to him, "Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times." And when he thought about it, he wept.

2. Member
    I just joined this group and I am already liking it. Most Forums don't let you post Religious topics, but, I like what I see hear. I struggle daily to be the father figure for my kids, husband to my wife, follower of Christ, and leader of my Home. I'm following this post in hopes to reconnect with Christ in a way that is pleasing to Him. Thank you and thanks to the Forum for allowing these topics.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingSQUIRELL View Post
    I just joined this group and I am already liking it. Most Forums don't let you post Religious topics, but, I like what I see hear. I struggle daily to be the father figure for my kids, husband to my wife, follower of Christ, and leader of my Home. I'm following this post in hopes to reconnect with Christ in a way that is pleasing to Him. Thank you and thanks to the Forum for allowing these topics.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Thank you FS, but as I have often said, give the glory to God. If He didn't kick me in the butt from time it would be forgotten...like this morning.

One morning, a number of years ago, the Lord woke me from a sound sleep and told me to start this forum on the BBC. I tried to talk Him out of it. Dumb idea. It will never work...They'll fight and squabble all time...the forum won't let me....You get the idea.

He wasn't buying it. "Do it."

I had no idea how to go about it. Then it hit me...Al would be my savior. He wouldn't let me do it. So I dropped an email to Al and proposed it. I just KNEW he's say "No way."

But Al fooled me. He wrote back that his first inclination was to just say "No" and be done with it, but the more he thought about it, the more he thought he'd see what the members thought of the idea. I had a second chance. Surely the members would shoot it down.

They didn't. Nobody was opposed to it. Several said they wouldn't read it, but they didn't care if we had it.

So Al made the forum, and appointed my wife and I moderators. One last chance. I figured SHE'D do everything. Nope..."The Lord told YOU to do it. Not me."

So here we are...I don't even know how many years later. In the beginning, the old forum didn't even keep track of "views." I didn't know if I was talking to empty space, or a million people. But every time I'd get discouraged, and be ready to quit, someone would come along and post something. It might just be a thank you, but it was the encouragement I needed to keep it going.

So thanks to all of YOU who come here. Without YOU, it wouldn't be here.

But the real praise goes to God.