Thread: Drop shot

Drop shot

What transducer do they use on the trolling motor and what bracket for drop shotting. I have the lowrance hds gen 3 12".

2. Member
    It works well for me using the HDI transducer with my Lowrance.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

I have an old LMS332C on the bow. 83/200 old transducer. I can see my line on the graph with the sensitivity turned up. I will be upgrading to chirp with the HDI transducer with my next graph. Its much better.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

4. Member
    I prefer traditional 2D (83 khz) for vertical drop-shotting/"video game fishing". A lot of guys are now switching over to DI/Chirp for this application due to target separation and clarity. However, with 2D your "cone" is larger than in DI, and you will, in theory, see fish that are further away from under the trolling motor than with DI. The best of both worlds would be to run an HDI ducer and split-screen 2D and DI, but I prefer half map and half 2D. I suppose you could have the left half as map, and then top right quarter 2D and bottom right quarter DI, or another combo you prefer...

5. Banned
    2d chirp or 200 khz only. 83khz is fine for scanning as it provides more coverage, but i prefer knowing what i see on the unit is directly beneath the boat, not off to the sides

garmin gt52

garmin gt51

humminbird hdsi

6. Member
    I use Humminbird Helix 9 with the compact side imaging transducer. I use 200 khz all the time on the trolling motor. I turn up the sensitivity until I can see my bait below me.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

7. Member
    HDI on Med CHIRP but really the PDT-WBL on 200 which I used before was fine too.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Member
    On the first boat picture what transducer is it and where can you get the bracket. I have a lowrance hds gen3 12" and I want to drop shot off the bow. Also the trolling motor has a transducer built in can I drop shot with that transducer. Thank you for the info.

9. Banned