Thru-hull bilge pump fittings

Hello all,
    Can anybody tell me how to repair these broken thru-hull fittings?

https://flic.kr/p/RjQbCk

I cannot get my hand to the inside of them, so I guess I'll have to install replacements from outside. Are these glued on or what? Didn't want to go prying or twisting on them before I knew how they're attached.

2004 Stratos 201 Pro XL

Thanks,
    Greg
    2004 Stratos 201 Pro XL with 2004 Yamaha 250 HPDI

2. Member
    Most likely threaded like the one in this pic, and siliconed around the top. You could break them off, but if you can't get to the underside now, how will you replace them?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Most likely threaded like the one in this pic, and siliconed around the top. You could break them off, but if you can't get to the underside now, how will you replace them?
    This, you'll also need to get under there to take the hose clamp and hose off and then get a crescent wrench in there to take the back nut off, just remember someone had to get their hand and arm plus a tool in there to put them in, so there has to be a way to get to them, if you can't then someone with smaller hands, wife, neighbor kid or a nephew maybe.

They were installed when the boat was built, so it was put together when the top cap was off. But what you can do is cut the fitting from the outside, pull the hose thru disconnect it then attach the the new fitting and remember to put the lock nut on the hose. As far as getting tight once that is done that's the trick.
    Eddie
    2017 Phoenix 920 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro XS

I bet you can get to the back side just follow the hose.
    You may have to modify something to use such as a stiff putty knife to fit in two of those notches you can see in your photo.. At best if you can get something on the back up nut to hold it you can tighten from the outside with above mentioned tool. Using it like a screw driver.. I'm sure it will have some silicone around it so it will take a little extra to get it loose. Good luck.

6. Member
    Look for the screws in the deck plate that has the lid in it. They have to be able to get the cover out to do new carpet. Take the piece out and see if there is room to get your arm in to the outlets.