View Poll Results: Do you own your own boat outright or still owe?

Voters
1133. You may not vote on this poll
  • OWE

275 24.27%
  • OWN

858 75.73%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Bought this Sterling new never had a payment on it .

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Owned from the git go

Bought used....paid cash!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

4. Member
    Was happy to pay off that 40k
    Outlaw Bass

5. Member
    Own it. It gets "payments" each year with new gear or maintenance. hahaha... could not imagine paying on it and doing that. It's a 1985 Ranger... I will eventually be into a transom. maybe. - but until then, it's all good.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    Like a good BBC'er I paid cash!
    I used the three easy payments , same as cash option. I did pay cash for the previous one, but that was before the BBC was a gleam in Al's wallet.

7. Member
    It will be paid for in 14 years and 10 months. I am 67 years old so wish the bank and me some luck.

8. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Here's to you fishing until 82!!!!

9. Member
    The only toy I have that I owe on is my motorhome. I paid cash for both motorcycles, a 2008 Goldwing, and a 2007 VTX 1300R. Paid cash for my 1999 Bayliner 2050 LS and my Rans S19 airplane. My brother & I own 2 airplanes and 2 boats together, and they're all paid for. And EVERYTHING stays inside when not in use.

10. Member
    Bought 2011 new in 2012 ( carry over )...paid cash.
    I've got money I haven't even spent yet!
    2011 Nitro Z8--200 pro xs

11. Member
    Put 30% down and borrowed the rest on a 10 year note (got the same interest rate as a 5 year note from my bank ), pay twice the monthly payment every month and will have it paid off in 5, about 2 years left. The wife and I needed more "joint" credit on our reports, figured this was a good way to get that.

12. Member
    OWN!!!!!!! Bank wont finance 1987 Champions any longer lol

13. Member
    Own , paid cash ,
    not much to finance on a 20+ year old 1991 210V Shadow lol.

14. Member
    Own

15. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Own...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

16. Member
    Both me and the wife knew that if we were to own a bass boat, that it HAD to be paid for before we ever left the lot. Bought used, paid cash. Got it home, put new calipers and rotors on it. Not 2 weeks later, all new electronics front and back, 3D etc. Put tires on it late summer last year although the original ones had plenty of tread, just were getting dry rotted. All that with Oznium LED's, NightFishion rail, oil pump, plugs and all the rest of the motor stuff here and there, PLUS put 10' Blades on it this year and still don't have but half what a new one would run in it.

Can't imagine what it'd be like paying boat payments 12 months a year, then using it 8 months (or less in some states) a year. Luckily here we can use it all year, and did in fact go out 11 months last year.

OTOH....... I'd gladly shell out monthly for a new 300 4-stroke Pro XS!
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

lets call this Post the, LAZARUS POST, 2009 created & Resurrected again
    03-15-2018,

18. Member
    I own, don;t even know what year it is. Paid 600. cash Worked for a steel mill for 43 years, went through 4 company bankruoptcy;s. took all pensions with them,last just up and left town.When the ceo's were asked "how can you sleep at night knowing you used us as dirt? Same answer," I got your's and I got mine ans I sleep just fine". No lie! steel companies are not interested in staying in business, why should they? When they can ! under fund a pension plan, so the PBGC will take it over and give you pennies on the dollar!Have the Union re open the contract, always a very bad thing,filling bankruptcy before employees know what hit them ! Paying off union officials,and using the the same Bankruptcy court and judge in Delaware, and promising to become solvent within 7 years, after each upper management received 3.4 Million to do so. Then sell to a holding Co. waiting in the wings. Life is definitely not fair to the average worker, trying to earn a living. Raise a family, have catastrophic events that as in life is totally unexpected. Served in Combat wounded more times than I wanted. And a veteran at that time was not worth buying a cup of coffee for,unless they spit in it first! Benefits for a wounded veteran back then were lowered by 5 to 10% after each visit, meanwhile keeping me from working for months at a time, with no compensation,for a waiting period by the VA board to approve it. Hurt on the job and still four years later unable to work until the State makes decision after decision, picking apart every appeal. Remember( in Ohio ) The proof of burden lies solely upon the injured worker!! Worked as a certified welder for most of my life. I thought I was making good money! evidently not! according to those on this site. and I didn't squander,my money! I kept food on the table, a roof over our heads, paid medical bills ,a car, college funds, a divorce, for spending four years in combat to make extra money! And no options for VA benefits back in 72! Married again to a wonderful wife.And just as things started to look good I was seriously injured at work, and after 5 surgeries, Not fit to work or receive any compensation. But I own my boat! Not just OWN! This not a rant this is real life for the so-called blue collar worker. More of us still here just not drawing unemployment, or having a great pension or 401k, or IRA.Unless I lived in Ireland

19. Member
    Own

20. Member
    Owe

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast