View Poll Results: Do you own your own boat outright or still owe?

Voters
1133. You may not vote on this poll
  • OWE

275 24.27%
  • OWN

858 75.73%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Paid cash for my current Ranger after saving for a long time Trading it in and might have to float about 20,000 on the new one. I will have it paid off in less than a year.

2. Member
    I bought a used 2015 Phoenix 919 in December of 2015. Cost was 41k. I took out a 15 year loan, BUT i got it paid off in September of 2016. So it took me 9 months to pay it off. Reason I got the 15 year loan was that it came with a lower interest rate than shorter term loans(which still seems backwards to me). There was never a thought to take the whole 15 years to pay it off.

So OWN!

3. Member
    Partial cash and rest in a mower trade for 98 TR20--satisfied and it suits my needs.
    Rocket

4. Member
    would be nice to pay cash,for the kind of boats most on here own i have trouble believing so many paid cash.I admitt i have never been to good with money but never had much over what i needed to raise 3 kids.I worked as many as 3 jobs for a while and still never made what it would take to do and live like y'all claim.My hat's truly off to you and i hope y'all know how truly blessed you are.

5. Member
    Own both of them

6. Member
    Own , but did borrow a little when I bought it so I could build my garage & pay cash for it instead because of the deal I got for paying cash. It only had to sit in the open with a cover for 2 days. Also payed cash for my wife a new Nissan Altima in January of this year. I'm saving toward a newer truck now as the 2003 Chevy I drive is about ready for a new home. It's not like it's a crime that deserves capitol punishment to finance a boat though in my opinion.

Paid cash

8. Banned
    have three 09 boats all paid fer

Quote Originally Posted by skunked View Post
    would be nice to pay cash,for the kind of boats most on here own i have trouble believing so many paid cash.I admitt i have never been to good with money but never had much over what i needed to raise 3 kids.I worked as many as 3 jobs for a while and still never made what it would take to do and live like y'all claim.My hat's truly off to you and i hope y'all know how truly blessed you are.
    I made payments on everyboat I've owned before this one...so don't be too hard on yourself. Most on here have made payments on something at some point in their lives. Hopefully as people get older their financial situation improves to meet or match their lifestyle.
    just bought the wife a car...put a big chunk down, and will make a few payments, but they will be huge payments..just can't stand debt anymore...never bothered me when I was younger...but staring at retirement in 10 years will really wake you up.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skunked View Post
    Family should always come first. I was lucky when I was young on my first boat, I was able to pay 3200.00 cash. From that point forward I always put 20 per cent of my check away for my next boat. I got it in 1993 and it was finally laid to rest about a year ago. I seriously wanted to buy a Ranger D22 and could of almost paid cash for it I ended up spending 15 grand for a used Ranger and have been happy with it. I will maybe buy a new boat again someday but it is not on my high list of priorities any more but at my age now the list is pretty short.

11. Banned
    Staight cash homie

12. Member
    OWN, always pay for toys. The house is a different matter! 7 yrs left. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Own. Paid off my 1.99% loan last summer. The pontoon will be paid off at the end of this year.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I owe and not afraid to admit it. I did have a trade in so that helped and I could have mustered up enough to just about pay it off but with a family, house, kids, and such I kind of like having that cushion in the bank just incase.

15. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Own from day 1.
    LeaLea

16. Member
    Own. 2015 triton 189trx

17. Member
    I bought my boat new in 1987, with a 10 year loan. I managed to pay it off in 4 years putting most of my tournament winnings and any extra money I had towards the loan. I would love to get a new boat but not the payments.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

18. Member
    BOUGHT WHAT I COULD PAY CASH FOR

19. Banned
    Seems I'm better than anyone so far because I let everyone that I fish against pay my boat payments.

Watch now that I have said that I won't be able to cash another check. LOL

Own. Bought cheap and fixed up.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast