Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    With the boat on the trailer, you can't tell they might need to be balanced. Pull the trailer down the road without the boat on it and I'll bet you'd notice.

I have a 10' Utility trailer that I pull my Zero Turn mower on, and without the mower, it was vibrating the crap out of the trailer and I could even feel it in the truck. Tire place I took it to said the same thing..."we don't usually balance trailer tires". These were 15 inch tires/wheels. I said balance them anyway. Night and day difference pulling the trailer, particularly unloaded. Tires/wheels do exist that do not need balancing, but they are as rare as hen's teeth. Just the valve stem alone can throw the balance off.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I put a set of Michelin LTX M/S on my vehicle a couple of years ago and at least one, I'm thinking two but can't remember, didn't need weights.
    If you saw what we go through to make a quality tire, you would understand. Enjoy the LTX's.

3. Member
    just makes sense to balance trailer tires they are spinng just as fast as the truck tires.if you don't think they need balancing pull the weights off your 2 front tires and drive down the road.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skunked View Post
    just makes sense to balance trailer tires they are spinng just as fast as the truck tires.if you don't think they need balancing pull the weights off your 2 front tires and drive down the road.
    Well said thank you

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    If you saw what we go through to make a quality tire, you would understand. Enjoy the LTX's.
    Oh I do! My uncle had them on his Tahoe and got 98k miles, he was going to wait until 100k to replace them but got a nail in one. His were 10 years old and could've gone another 10k but were starting to crack at the tread base.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12