Lucas M

turning a WT into a double bubble. any ideas/experience?

Hey guys, I am looking at getting a family boat, but one that still has a large deck up front to bass fish from. I am not a fan of windshields, always getting in my way for flippin and skippin. I found a boat i am interested in, a ranger reata, but it has a WT, does anyone know if these can be taken off and put two smaller bubbles on it instead? Below is a pic of the boat i am looking at getting.

Thanks!

2. Member
    Ya they are just screwed in under a plastic strip. I have a fish and and ski. Fish 5-6 toruneys a year . Never hit a windshield. They are not even knee high not really in the way except for landing fish.. I'm sure u can buy some 620 bubbles that should fit. Or get some made
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

3. Member
    Nice rig too !
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

4. Member
    If you go for it, post pics.

I looked at my boat thinking it could be done, but my boat is too new for me to think about it. I'm gonna fish from it for a couple years before I decide.

Good luck!!

5. Member
    There's a couple guys on here that took off their windshields and installed smaller plastic ones. I'll try to find it - because he had them custom made even.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

6. Member
    Look about 4 down in this thread........there's pics too. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=694245
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

7. Lucas M
    thanks for the info guys! I will check with a local ranger dealer in the area and see what they say. I have a windshield on my current boat and feel like its in the way a lot. Plus, i like the look of double bubbles more. Thanks!
    If anyone has additional pics, please share

8. Member
    We looked at the Ranger Reata and had a problem with the height of the windshield, would not fit in my garage height wise and could not buy different size windshield. Ended up buying a 2016 Triton Allure 186, Triton replaced the regular windshield with a shorter bubble windshield. So far so good for us with the Triton Allure..

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCASTER! View Post
    Look about 4 down in this thread........there's pics too. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=694245

That would be my Champ 21sx. Best mod I did to the boat. Way easier to fish out of and surprisingly the wife and kids like it better when we are all out on the boat as it is alot easier to mover around.