Lucas M

Converting a Walk Through to a Double Bubble... Ranger

Hey guys, I am looking at getting a family boat, but one that still has a large deck up front to bass fish from. I am not a fan of windshields, always getting in my way for flippin and skippin. I found a boat i am interested in, a ranger reata, but it has a WT, does anyone know if these can be taken off and put two smaller bubbles on it instead? Below is a pic of the boat i am looking at getting.

Thanks!

2. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    I must be getting old, as I really like the full windshield. And I bass fish a lot and it doesn't get in my way. May want to check with a dealer, but I would think you could make that change.

3. Lucas M
    Thanks basscla. I have a windshield boat now, and would prefer the bubbles. I like the appearance more too. Thanks for the info.

4. Member
    The bubbles definitely look nicer. I've got a triton 215x with a full windshield, and i know i can take off the windshield and install bubbles. It will leave behind some extra screws holes that you'll have to have plugged up, (or left alone) but it's definitely doable.
    As much as i like the look of the bubbles, on cold and wet tournament days, i'm pretty happy about having the full windshield

5. Member
    I don't think I've ever seen a Reata with double bubbles,......

Maybe give Ranger a call and see if they ever made them that way?

If my bubbles will fit you can have them $50. They are off a 2013 620vs You figure it out and let me know. They are new. I had Frankies remove them and install a full windshield. Just sitting in garage attic (no hardware).
    http://www.scvwl.com
    2013 Ranger 620VS Yamaha 250 and Yamaha 9.9 kicker

7. Lucas M
    Thanks Red314! I'll let you know

8. Member
    Call ranger and ask. I do not believe bubbles were an option on a Reata abut they were on the anglers when they first came out. I know the 600 series fisherman you can do the bubbles or the full windshield.