pedestal bushing

i have a ranger boat with the 1.77 post holes and been wanting to get a butt seat for the back of the boat.. I have a 3/4 pin seat and adjustable pole thats just been laying around and i see they make a bushing i can put in the 1.77 pedestal accepting hole thatll then accept my 3/4 pin post seat makes sense lol?? anyhow has anyone done this and is worth it or should i just buy right size pedestal post? also is there a sponsor on bbc that makes them ive seen a sponsor on there that sells the plugs but cant find him to ask him if he makes this bushing thanks

2. Member
    I grew tired of replacing the plastic bushings and bought a 1' long section of AL round stock from McMaster-Carr for $5-10, drilled into receptacle with a short screw and never needs replacing again. Take the dimensions (ID and OD), turn or sand to what you need.

3. Member
    I had a machine shop make a aluminum spacer to fit my 1.77 post then drilled a 3.4 hole for the post. My rangers starts at 1.77 then tapers smaller toward the bottom.I didn't catch it and had to do some grinding to get the spacer to go all the way down. Mine was a 97 518.

4. Member
    I don't think them are the ones I need...

5. Member
    I have one I have had for prob 20 years ---switch out when in a different boat ---works great for me ---I would like to find another but not having any luck

6. Member
    part # sp-14000 can find on ebay or amazon ---not cheap but will do what you want --about 35 bucks ---same one I have used for years

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    part # sp-14000 can find on ebay or amazon ---not cheap but will do what you want --about 35 bucks ---same one I have used for years

THATSTHEONE

8. Member
    Okie - is the post easy to pop in and out of that adapter?
    (I go through lots of tubes under roadways and have to pull them to fit through).

Thanks!

9. Member
    best luck I have getting it on and off is to put lil Vaseline on the post first, then it comes off just fine ---I also put a lil bit on outside of bushing too, they can get stuck inside the mount on my ranger too.

10. Banned
    Buy a $10 3/4 pole, and hack saw the top off of it. A few wraps of electrical tape until it fits snug and you are ready.