Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

who has the longest warranty for a boat and longest warranty for an engine currently

I keep tossing around the idea of a brand new boat but with a new boat comes a payment, which I don't mind but I want a peace of mind as well. I get tired of fixing little piddly stuff as years go by and I only put about 10 hours a year if I am lucky on an engine but fish approximately 40 days a year on average. I like nice stuff, I also like to keep my stuff nice, garage kept, heated/AC you name it, so a long warranty is important to me all the way around, I also want a company that will be around for a long time or has been around a long time. This is the start of my process and the beginning of many discussions and questions .
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Gotta be an Envinrude, 10 years, U can get 7 years on a Merc and Yamaha.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Gotta be an Envinrude, 10 years, U can get 7 years on a Merc and Yamaha.
    that right there is very enticing to me.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    8 on the Merc possible, I have it. Was 7.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    8 on the Merc possible, I have it. Was 7.
    Yes, it is 8. Where I am, the G2 is a lot more than the Merc, so for the difference, I can get the 8 years of warranty on the Merc (the extra 3 on top of the 5 spring promo). Of course, after spring promo, all have 3 years of warranty.

Bass Cat has lifetime hull warranty irrespective of number of owners. Not sure if any others have that.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

6. Member
    I believe BassCat has the best boat warranty. Lifetime hull

7. Member
    On basscat is that for the first owner or does that carry to second?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rharrell View Post
    On basscat is that for the first owner or does that carry to second?
    Like I mentioned, it does not matter if you are the 10th owner. Lifetime period.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

When you start talking about hull warranty....Don't think that means the gel coat and fiberglass warranty. Also the worst problem I ever had with a glass boat hull in about 40 years of owning them was blisters.....twice.....
    That's why I fish out of an aluminum boat now. Some of the new aluminums are very nice. They are not the aluminum boat of the past anymore.....

If they have truly fixed the blister problems, why not offer a warranty on them? I have also heard and read of later model boats with the blister problem. I would recommend looking at some of the new aluminum boats..
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

10. Member
    A few offer lifetime warranties to original owners. Only bass cat will pass it to future owners and others usually drop to 10 years for the second owner. Evinrude has 10yr warranty.

Your engine probably will not have that many problems and if it does that usually means a dealer has to repair it under warranty. If you are asking if you have a boat warranty for the piddly stuff most boats are covered for three years but the problem is if you don't mind waiting 3-4 weeks for a dealer to change out a pump or switch you know the piddly things. Your usually treated like royalty when you first purchase but as time goes by you get in line behind the latest buyers. Not all dealerships are like that but most are. I would concentrate a lot of effort in finding the right dealer even if they are not close by driving a little distance to get your stuff fixed in a timely manner sure beats leaving your nice well taken care of boat sitting in a dealership parking lot for weeks on end waiting to be looked at. Most boat companies are corporate owned now and are always subject to buyouts and mergers which is kind of a variable you have little control over but the dealership you buy from is your choice. Good luck

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by bassbama View Post
    Your engine probably will not have that many problems and if it does that usually means a dealer has to repair it under warranty. If you are asking if you have a boat warranty for the piddly stuff most boats are covered for three years but the problem is if you don't mind waiting 3-4 weeks for a dealer to change out a pump or switch you know the piddly things. Your usually treated like royalty when you first purchase but as time goes by you get in line behind the latest buyers. Not all dealerships are like that but most are. I would concentrate a lot of effort in finding the right dealer even if they are not close by driving a little distance to get your stuff fixed in a timely manner sure beats leaving your nice well taken care of boat sitting in a dealership parking lot for weeks on end waiting to be looked at. Most boat companies are corporate owned now and are always subject to buyouts and mergers which is kind of a variable you have little control over but the dealership you buy from is your choice. Good luck
    great input shared there. Thank you!
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Honda standard 5 years out of the box. Prop to cowling

I just bought a Nitro Z21. The Hull, Stringers and transom have a lifetime warranty. I don't know if that transfers?? Probably not. I also paid the extra 2300.00 for the 7 year Full Coverage warranty on Everything, including the electronics, It says EVERYTHING! Trailer, Boat and motor. It might have been the best purchase on the warranty, But it gives me peace of mind knowing I can take her in for anything.

Remember all warranties are only as good as the regional rep who makes his living denying warranty coverage.

P01135809

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Remember all warranties are only as good as the regional rep who makes his living denying warranty coverage.
    This^! Not knocking Basscat they're a good boat. But I saw personally a few years back (8 or 10 yrs?) in a glass shop a hull on a BC that de-laminated. I mean there was a area several sq ft that was raw glass, no damage to it. The man doing the repair even said the boat didn't appear to hit anything. BC or the rep. wouldn't honor the warranty, said the owner hit something. Maybe the lifetime warranty didn't existing then.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

17. Member
    Pro Gator has a 10 year stump warranty. That means you have 10 years to bust a hole in it before the factory won't fix it for free. they have been around for a long time and have actually taught some of the major boat builders how to make their boats more structurally sound. They ride great and fish well but are not as fancy as some. The 200V and 210 extreme are their top of the line bass boats. They are worth a look.

Basscat will only make structural repairs that are the fault of basscat during the manufacturing process. my buddy just went through this with his cat a couple of weeks ago.

here is a pic of a 210.

Last edited by mr.coon; 02-28-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

18. BBC SPONSOR
    That pro gator is a pretty boat for sure. thank you for all the input guys.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

19. Member
    This was my buddy's 200V. It rides like a dream in rough water.

'98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I believe BassCat has the best boat warranty. Lifetime hull
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast