What should I expact to pay?

I have a Ranger 188 DVX... doesn't have a great hole shot now so I am scared to put two PPs or Talons on the back or I may never get it on plane. Looks like the least expensive and the lightest option is the 8' Sportsman series. I also do not have a jack plate... I don't think the boat will fit in my garage if I add much of a jack plate... maybe 4" 6 if I am lucky.... So I am thinking about just using the sandwich brackets on a single PP unless there is some performance to be gained by using the small JP... maybe it would make up for the added weight and the hole shot would remain the same?

I like the idea of the talon but it appears to be the heavier option...

Also, what should I expect to pay a dealer to install a single PP on my 188?

Thanks,

Greg

2. Derek McCullough
    That wind Saturday made you start thinking about one huh?

3. Member
    Yes... my batteries were dead by the end of the day and it was work to stay in one spot with the TM...

Also trying to justify the cost difference in sportsman ll and blades...

4. Member
    I had Sportsman II's on my last boat with no jackplate and there was little affect on my hole shot. I did lose 1-2 mph at top end on a 18-5' with a 150 VMax.
    Bass Boat