Thread: Prop question

Prop question

I have a 2005 Basscat Puma paired with a 250 Mercury Verado. The boat came brand new with a Bravo 1 24 pitch prop. Loved it. Broke it, not sure how, blade just fell off. Anyway Rpms were around 5900-6100 running 72 mph. New prop is a trophy 25p. 6200 rpm 67 mph top speed. Both are four blade. My friend has a brand new Raker three blade 26p for sale. Would it work? If not what can I do, if anything, to get back to the performance I had Without buying a new Bravo 1. Serial number 1b073637.

Matt

2. Member
    The Raker won't work.... you probably won't be able to get back to your previous performance without getting ahold of another Bravo.
    David Patten
    Automotive and marine technician.

3. Member
    Prop was 12 years old, and is under a lot of stress.......I would NOT hesitate on buying another Bravo1.

4. Member
    +1
    David Patten
    Automotive and marine technician.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I agree- go back with another Bravo-1 to take advantage of all the testing that was done to arrive at that prop choice.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor