Thread: Spider rigs

Spider rigs

Hey guys!! I am gonna to try some spider rigging.. What poles are you guys using? And what size? And is there a good combo to buy? Read a lot about the b and m rods.

2. Banned
    I use BnM PSTs 14 foot. Grizzly Jig has about the best price. Southern Crappie rods are good also, a little more money.

3. Member
    I am in the same boat, so to speak. I just bought some 14' Southern Crappie Rods after reading SO much praise about them. Good looking rods.... just haven't got to use them yet. I also went back and forth on the reel decision. I found some cheap, left hand bait casters with a thumb bar to use. I liked the idea of being able to lift the rod with my right hand, grab the net with my left if needed, and be able to let line out with my right thumb if need be. But, the reel is just a "line holder" so it totally up to you on what you want to go with.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

I like a baitcaster so I can release line and fight the fish with one hand and handle the net with the other. I use a variety of 12' and 14' poles.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

5. Member
    pinnacle-limits 10 ft.grizzly jig co.has a 4 pak for $75 not bad for the money

I don't have any experience other than the BnM Pro staffs, but I was shocked at there stiffness and sensitivity. I fish a good river current and on the edges and they handle 2 oz weights with no problem. I have read good things about the Kevlar/Carbon Southern Crappie Rods, but like my pro staffs so much, Im scared to try a swap.

Grizzly Jig will do you right if you go the BnM route