Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Gatorbak scratching boat

I know Gatorbak is not suppose to scratch a boat but its killing mine. This is a brand new boat and I have launched it maybe 5 or 6 times with the gatorbak bunks. The water I have launched it in has been fairly clear so I don't think there is a lot of sand or anything. Can someone please help me as to what is going on? I also make sure I wet all of the bunks by backing down then pulling forward and also do not power load it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Wow! I have them on my boat lift for 2 years now and not a scratch.

3. Member
    I'm not sure what is going on. Didn't have a scratch until I put these on. I am at a total loss of what is happening.

4. Member
    The first pics were my front bunk boards. These pics are of my rear bunk boards. Anytime my boat is loaded these ones here are always under water. The boat is not scratched as bad here but its still scratching it even under water.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Did you try a wax or scratch remover on them some guys say it is actually plastic from the gatorbak itself. Try it see what happens.

6. Member
    I was thinking of trying the Gatorbaks, not any more! That looks horrible, I would be sick to my stomach.

7. Member
    No its not the gatorbak rubbing off on the boat because you can take your fingernail and feel the indentation(scratch)

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Are you sure that it's actually scratches and not just rubber/plastic from the Gatorbaks? I too was considering adding them to my trailer...if those are really scratches i think I'll just stick with carpet.

PM Sent

10. Member
    Before anyone jumps to conclusions I am not blaming gatorbak. I really don't know what is going on and need to figure that out first.

11. Member
    Just got off the phone with Gatorbak and they are coming tomorrow to take a look at what is going on. I can honestly say I have never had customer service this good. Hopefully we can figure out what is going on.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by llsdjv View Post
    I know Gatorbak is not suppose to scratch a boat but its killing mine. This is a brand new boat and I have launched it maybe 5 or 6 times with the gatorbak bunks. The water I have launched it in has been fairly clear so I don't think there is a lot of sand or anything. Can someone please help me as to what is going on? I also make sure I wet all of the bunks by backing down then pulling forward and also do not power load it.
    I put them on my trailer and my boat also has a black hull..i had no scratches on my hull before installing them..within two months of them being on there i started seeing scratches exactly like your pictures show..i yanked them off and went back to carpeted bunks..to each their own but no more Gatorbak for me..plus i also fully dunked the trailer to get them wet before loading every time..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton03Vance View Post
    I put them on my trailer and my boat also has a black hull..i had no scratches on my hull before installing them..within two months of them being on there i started seeing scratches exactly like your pictures show..i yanked them off and went back to carpeted bunks..to each their own but no more Gatorbak for me..plus i also fully dunked the trailer to get them wet before loading every time..
    Send me one of those. I'd like to cut it in half and cover the first 3 feet of my main bunks where the carpet keeps ripping.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Send me one of those. I'd like to cut it in half and cover the first 3 feet of my main bunks where the carpet keeps ripping.
    Trashed them a while back or would sure do it..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

15. Member
    Keep us posted please.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

16. Member
    Now I'm calling bs on this.

17. Member
    Kind of looks like there was sand or dirt trapped in the bunks?

Caring for your new bunks is easy.
    Gatorbak Bunks are made with UV and anti fungal protective compounds and will resist the elements well. Each

time you get ready to load or unload your boat check the bunks to ensure dirt, sand, and debris do not collect on
    the bunks. Rinse these away or clean with a light detergent as needed. The bunks will allow these to drain away

with normal use. Long range trailering, outdoor storage, and other factors like these between loading/unloading
    cycles can allow build up

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    Now I'm calling bs on this.
    So we all know..clarify what you are calling "BS" on? is it the whole thread or just part of the comments or what?
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

19. Member
    When asked if someone could have them he said he got rid of them. Then he said gator bak was coming out to look. You would think he would of left them on the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    When asked if someone could have them he said he got rid of them. Then he said gator baking was coming out to look. You would think he would of left them on the boat.
    You're talking about 2 different guys.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast