Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have bought a lot of items on this board and never had a bad experience so far but there is always a bad apple somewhere to be found.

2. Member
    As long as you don't use the gift option in PayPal it's not really a problem. It isn't fun, but you don't lose the money. It's pretty simple protection.

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    I had a $50 dollar money order sent out in January for an item from a guy in Georgia. We chatted back and forth for a while and i truly felt it was not on his end that it had just got lost in the mail. We both contacted are local Post office and started the process on a claim at about the 10 day mark. The post office said it would take about 30 days before i could get money back but it would happen. I ended up using paypal to pay for the item which meant at the time i was out $100. At almost the 3rd week the money order showed up at his mailbox. No idea what happened or where it went at first but it showed up. He sent me my funds back on paypal with no issue. It could still show up at your door!!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

4. Member
    I will throw this out there my biggest burn on here was by a 13yr member with 2400+ post count went as far as taking to the police and he has since been banned. Paypal is your best defense in any if this. I've had hundreds of honest swap and sell transactions on here the moderators are doing a great job.

5. Member
    Sorry it happened. Hopefully paypal will refund the money
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

6. Member
    I hate crooks. How you get your money back.
    Praying for a Cure

7. Member
    [QUOTE=90 5.0;8164876]Low post count like 6 agree totally with this. I also look at how long a member has been here as much as number of posts--sorry if previous post was taken differently

I have been the first buyer from 2 newb's and it went great. Only had one problem on here and it was taken care of quickly.
    Proud Army Dad

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshoalscat View Post
    Been a member on here for a LONG time ( go back to when Al asked for donations to keep website going) don't have high post count. I enjoy reading some things and somethings not so much, with that being said, having low post counts doesn't constitute being Dishonest! I Guess Ill never Post anything for sale on this board for fear of being branded with a LOW post count!
    What he said.

10. Member
    Maybe Al can set up a feedback section sort of like what Archerytalk has. The way it is now, you never know when someone has good experiences only bad. We only post the bad things. We need a way to see if someone has had good ratings for the last month, six months, year, etc.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Understand...not taken as snooty at all...I'm a dumbass...lesson learned. Not trying to tell Al how to run his site...but a 50 post minimum or something like that would be nice before being allowed to sell.
    I don't think we need more rules, at least not that one. I think the buyer should take post counts or length of membership into consideration when making a purchase. Besides, how will 48 help ensure the trustworthiness of the seller (or buyer for that matter).

12. Member
    I haven't been on here in a long time but I've bought some stuff off here and always had a really good experience

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Kentucky...of course that could be fake too...seems he got another member for a cul em rite scale too....
    PM What part of KY and what was his name?

14. Member
    I'm really not sure what to say. It's sad when guys will rip others off. I don't think the low post count will absolutely be a red flag but it can be.
    True story: I made a comment here that I had a few Wiggle Warts and since they were evidently so valuable; I should sell them. A guy PM'd me and made an offer. All he needed was my PayPal info. I did not have an account at the time. (Might be better if that were still the case) Anyway, he no longer was interested. No problem with that but he also made some other comments about getting ripped off. What he didn't know was I was planning to ship them to make sure he was going to be happy with the deal and let him either pay or return them afterward. But not after his comments. I seldom post here and never log in unless I am considering it but can verify that not everyone without a high post count is here to rob someone.

I'd steer clear of anyone with a very low post count with most or all of the posts in the swap section.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 275 pro View Post
    Maybe Al can set up a feedback section sort of like what Archerytalk has. The way it is now, you never know when someone has good experiences only bad. We only post the bad things. We need a way to see if someone has had good ratings for the last month, six months, year, etc.
    Not gonna happen, and there is no need for one. The overall percentage of bad deals here is miniscule compared to the traffic, and the bad ones are usually taken care of by Al, and get weeded out quick.

Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    I figured you did i tried to make it a point one tourney season to try and go all season without buying anything, just use what I had no matter what it was. Still didn't put a dent in my collection LOL!

between mine and my dads gear I could prolly fish the rest of my life without buying anything else LOL. Just wouldn't always be he newest stuff hahaha
    there's a cure for that "Just wouldn't always be he newest stuff" ever have your mon hide your un played with toys, then a few months or a year later dig them out? nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by 275 pro View Post
    A rating system wouldn't provide anything......if someone's been here and had lots of transactions with no problems then they automatically have a good rating. If they have ONE bad transaction (like Fisherman2017) then they are no longer a member....simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Not gonna happen, and there is no need for one. The overall percentage of bad deals here is miniscule compared to the traffic, and the bad ones are usually taken care of by Al, and get weeded out quick.
    Well said Tom; we have many thousands of transactions on here every year and it's quite rare when we have problems and even rarer that I can't get things sorted out to the buyer/seller's satisfaction.

I've had multiple transactions from all over the US from people with a few posts to thousands but there is always that one that isn't honest. Sorry it happened but hopefully you used PayPal and it will get resolved. Sometimes things come up and people are just busy and do t follow through on their end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast