Flow rite drain plug on G

I am thinking about installing one on my boat but it's pretty tight in the area of the old plug. Anyone have one installed on their boat? Just tired of crawling under it to do it every time.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

2. Member
    Really old thread, i know... But was thinking the same thing and figured someone may have installed one by now? Well...

3. Member
    tried. said it was 1" drain. would not go into drain. took back. just used regular plug

4. Member
    I just put on in my 209TE, works fine.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by finworm View Post
    I just put on in my 209TE, works fine.
    Did you have to drill-out and oversize the existing drain hole? I have a '96 209TE. Also how long of a cable did you get and where did you mount the knob? Would love to install one and put knob by livewell controls, just dont think the 10ft cable would reach after taking a few measurements

6. Member
    The existing hole was already 1 inch, I was even able to use the existing mounting holes. I couldn't see a way to get the 10' cable up to the seating area and don't be believe 10' would have been long enough so I mounted the control on the lip under the rear hatch.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by finworm View Post
    The existing hole was already 1 inch, I was even able to use the existing mounting holes. I couldn't see a way to get the 10' cable up to the seating area and don't be believe 10' would have been long enough so I mounted the control on the lip under the rear hatch.
    good deal, thanks for the reply! there goes a few more $'s!