Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite scent additive?

Just opened up my first sample vile from power team lures. Man does that stuff stink like no other.
    Nitro z21

2. Member
    I use Lunker Lotion

I have a few but I make them. Ever since I used Formula 1&2 back in the 80's and liked the results, I started years ago making my own. I even add the powder glitter to give it a little extra bang.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Banned
    The scent of the previous bass caught on it!

Good thread. Maybe it's the untimely end to our ice fishing season here in MN with "open water" season still being a ways out, but I've been thinking about this a good bit lately. Given that a lot of people seem to like the Strike King coffee-scented soft plastics, I'm thinking of keeping a bag of coffee grounds in the boat to try this year. My thought is that it probably covers human scent more than anything.

I've long been of the belief that the success of most scents out there is pretty directly tied to the fact that they cover human scent, though it's probably a lot more complex than that. I do know that coffee is a great tool to use to get smells off, though. I've used it many times to get fish stink off my hands after cleaning fish, and used it once to get the perfume smell off my hands after a bottle that belonged to one of my sisters burst in a borrowed duffle bag.

Looking forward to reading what everyone's been having success with!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

I don't use scent that often, but always thought Smelly Jelly made some good ones.

7. Member
    I tried smelly jelly liked it but don't care for its packaging. I like a squeeze tube or spray.
    Nitro z21

8. Member
    get some JJ's Magic in clear. Take an eye dropper and put a squirt into a bag of worms and the garlic will knock you over each time you open it.

I spray most of my soft plastic bags with bang garlic , the only ones that I don't spray are the ones that come pre-scented.

10. Member
    I havea double whammy scent additive. I carry canned smoked oysters in the boat. I open a tin, eat the oysters, and use the packaging oil for scent. The fish say they like it.

well since a few years ago, left Dock and kid tosses a pink worm right where I was parked, caught a 5 #'er.. well few days later I bought a pkg of bubble gum bright pink worms to try next time, but think I'll spray a shot of LUCUS Slick Mist on em when I do

12. Member
    Bang Attractant Spray

I just use the good ole' fashioned Bang spray. It's potent and it lasts a long time. It's fairly cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkahuna71 View Post
    get some JJ's Magic in clear. Take an eye dropper and put a squirt into a bag of worms and the garlic will knock you over each time you open it.
    Will the JJ's not eat away at the plastic bag? I have thought about doing this but dont want to ruin a bunch of plastics.

Smelly Jelly Sticky Liquid is my favorite, partly because of the spout on the bottle. Try Crawfish/Anise, Crawfish, or Anchovy, but I think the bass just want something tasty. I have some Kick'n Bass, but I don't like the spout at all. You can buy garlic paste at the supermarket. Try that. It's strong chit.

I use Spike It garlic spray and garlic scented dye. I have seen it make a difference on tough days.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwell View Post
    Will the JJ's not eat away at the plastic bag? I have thought about doing this but dont want to ruin a bunch of plastics.
    Might depend on the bag? I don't add it to all baits so can't say for sure, but I buy senko clones in bulk for C-rigging and add it to them in a gallon ziploc freezer bag and no problem so far. The ones I buy don't have scent already in them and smell plasticky so I add it to them.

Sounds good, thanks. I think I will try it in the bag the plastics come in and just keep it in the garage after adding JJ's to see if it has any affect on the bag or not.

18. Member
    Pro Cure Super Gel ....... can't beat it in my book.

19. Member
    Gulp! Marinade - the stuff that comes in a 1 ounce vial is good, especially on smallmouth. I also like the old school anise/gamefish Baitmate, that stuff reminds me of being a kid fishing with dad.

20. Member
    Bang garlic,SK coffee scent
    Outlaw Bass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast