Thread: Top Golf

Top Golf

Had never been there before. Yesterday our local golf course superintendents association had a get together there. Since Im new to the Tidewater/Virginia Beach area, I went so I could meet some of the other superintendents. Well anyway, what a fun place. I have heard some negatives about how its going to hurt golf courses, but I totally dont see it that way. There were all kinds of people there having a blast and you could
    tell that some had never swung a club in their life, but they were having a great time. I think this could bring more people into this great game. And the food was amazing, along with the Blue Moon Belgian White

Didn't know what top golf was so I googled it. It looks like a great time. Can't see how it would hurt golf courses. People go to courses to play golf. People will go to Top golf because it's a novelty.
    The only thing hurting golf courses is lack of golfers not places like that.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

Sounds like fun. Of course we have top golf here in vegas. I'd love to check it out. They say it's much better as a group. My son took lessons at the top golf in Denver and really learned a lot. I think its definitely a plus.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Top Golf is a blast, we dont have one where I am at but there is one near Chicago I will go to when I visit my sister. I love the place.

5. Member
    There is one coming to Nashville, heard they were a blast!
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

6. Member
    Just returned from a golf trip to Scottsdale. There is one out there and we loved it!!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

7. Member
    They're building one in Fishers, In right now. Should be done in the fall. Cant wait to go and try it out. Always wanted to but there isnt any close to me.

Can someone explain how it works? Do you bring your own clubs? All of them? Do you hit balls at targets? Electronic scoring? Unlimited balls? Pay by the hour? Whats included?
    " A Few Good Fish"

They have clubs there that arent too bad. They are Callaways. You can bRing your own clubs. The balls have chips in them and you hit them at targets. Within the target is a grid system, and depending on what part of the grid the ball go through is the point value you get per shot. Obviously closer to the center of the round grid, the more points. There are a bunch of different games in the computer to play and you get as many balls as you want during the time you paid to play. Its really cool.

Sounds kewl. Thanks
    " A Few Good Fish"