Prop question regarding Ranger/Yamaha HPDI set up!

This has probably been asked on here before but I couldn't find a thread on it. There are a few questions in here;

I have a 2006 Ranger Z20 with a 2006 Yamaha HPDI 225 on it. The prop is a Yamaha T-1 25. I recently dinged my prop up a little bit. I was thinking that instead of having it repaired I would purchase another prop and keep my original as a spare. This would be the second time I have had this prop repaired and I am not the original owner so I have no idea how many times the prop has been worked before i purchased it. I have been looking online for a used and or new prop but I noticed that there seams to be a few other prop manufactures and I was wondering if they would work. Here are my questions;

Does anyone have any input on the best pitch for my set up? Currently I get around 5800 to 6200 RPMS (wide open throttle) depending on the altitude of the lake I am currently at and top speed is around 68 or 70, if I am at sea level (Calif Delta for example).

Can anyone recommend the best manufacturer? Should I stay with the Yamaha prop? What other manufacturers will work? I wouldn't mind saving a little money but not willing to give up performance.

And finally, I am not a prop expert but my thinking was the more times you work or repair a prop the more its worn down and will affect performance correct?

Thank you in advance for any feedback!!

Ed

2. Member
    Depends on who you have repair it. Send it to Mark Croxton.

3. Member
    I have the same set up. I have been thinking of dropping down a 24 or a 4 blade. I have 2 poles, 4 batteries, on board charger, full wells it is kind of a dog out of the hole. The 25p runs good top end. I did put a hydraulic jack plate on an it made a difference.

I would like to hear if anyone has the same issues and changed from the 25P T-1.

4. Member
    Send to Lanier Propeller they will inspect and initially scan on MRI Machine and send you report via email or photo text check them out @ www.llprop.com