Thread: Bilge pumps

Bilge pumps

Has anyone had problems with the auto float switch mine stopped working and now it only works with the switch on the dash. Not sure how it's wired

2. Member
    Should have two pumps: 1 auto on a float or sensor and 1 on a manual switch at console.
    some were wired that one pump worked on auto float and both would run with manual switch.
    JAZII

3. Member
    Mine pretty sure ran both auto and both manual not sure of float part number

4. Member
    After episodes of severe wind/waves along with a boat full of water trying to make forward progress I hold the Bilge Pumps at top of the list for maintenance. On my 2007, 2200 I had one pump on auto with power to it always, on-off was controlled by a float switch. Note: the original pump had a built-in float switch. I changed the built in version for an external float switch (can't check operation of the internal version without putting water in the boat, can always lift the external switch check operability). The first pump (float switch controlled) and the second pump were wired to both run when the bilge switch was engaged. Just to share, my rule of bilge pumps is this: They have to maintain control of water level below the floor board if I leave the plug out. I increased the size of both pumps, attached them to an aluminum plate, relocated them further back toward the stern in the bilge area. Another observation, the floor area did not drain fast enough. My floor area to bilge area water flow was obstructed by the passage between the two areas. Cut that passage out, opened it up really large, the floor drained quickly. As you can see Bilge Pumps have my respect!
    Carte's Custom

5. Member
    Fixed !!!both pumps run with main power off and both run with power on and with switch found bad float switch and bad ground

6. Member
    When I added LW pump outs I ordered two new chrome thru hulls and plumbed each of them to have their own discharge. I put larger bilge pumps. If for some reason I get water back there and I kick them on the lake lever raises a foot.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"