Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Did you try one unit on at a time and see if you had the same results?
    2014 Triton 21 XS
    250 Mercury Pro XS
    Bravo 1 XS 26 P 4 Blade
    Dual Power Pole 10' Blade
    Humminbird 1198, 998, 360
    HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N, HELIX 12 CHIRP DI GPS G2N

2. Member
    I want to thank all you guys for your comments. Now it's time to get back with you with the updates on this issue. I did send the unit back to HB and they returned it very quickly. While it was gone I replaced the unit with a 958 HD Di. Very little to no RFI. But I sure did miss the bigger brighter screen on the 12. A week or so later I reinstalled the Helix 12. Minnkota suggested a "hail mary" and sent a FERRITE BEAD 2887313 which I installed on the red and black leads in the power head. Turn off the power to the TM. first. Just unplug the wires, under the insulation there are connectors, and slide the wires through the bead. The RFI was +- 50% better. SWEET! And the sonar views were Not returning on startup but the software version was the same. The work order said no problems found but they sent a new transducer. Now when I change the scale on the mapping (for ex 100ft to 200ft) ...the screen goes black except for any waypoints within that view. That lasts for 2-3 seconds... it happens about 1/2 the time. The mapping view still gets very pixelated or distorted frequently which usually lasts about 4-10 seconds. This seems to happen when the GPS is acquiring a new location and the map changes. When I am fishing the mapping view can't decide if it wants to show N up, Course up or Heading up even when the speed shows movement over 1.5 mph. So the map view rotates back and forth for up to 20 seconds. Can make you feel a little confused and dizzy. It may be even worse than it was before, certainly not better. I still do not see any difference with any setting of the chirp menue. I fish from 3ft to 65 ft of water.
    I got a second BEAD and had the local repair guy install this one on the same wires just before the circuit board in the foot pedal. It worked again and now the RFI is manageable except ...sometimes...in deep water, more than 50 ft. So the RFI has been reduced to less than the cross talk between 2 units running at the same time. It is manageable.
    I would like to have a unit that does what you expect it to do. I think I have to learn to expect less .... or be disappointed.

3. PECo
    I have two non-networked Helix 10 G2Ns on my 18-1/2 foot boat. The one on the bow is just a CHIRP GPS that uses the US2 transducer in the Ultrex and the one on the console is a CHIRP MEGA SI GPS that uses the MEGA transducer on the stern. When both are on, I get vertical "interference" lines on both displays. When I turn one or the other off, the lines disappear. I'm planning to put ferrite cores on both power leads to see whether it's interference through the leads or crosstalk between the two transducers. Hopefully, it'll work without having to use noise reduction.

If I were you, I'd keep at Humminbird until it resolves the issue. Compatibility or interoperability shouldn't be a problem.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PECo View Post
    I have two non-networked Helix 10 G2Ns on my 18-1/2 foot boat. The one on the bow is just a CHIRP GPS that uses the US2 transducer in the Ultrex and the one on the console is a CHIRP MEGA SI GPS that uses the MEGA transducer on the stern. When both are on, I get vertical "interference" lines on both displays. When I turn one or the other off, the lines disappear. I'm planning to put ferrite cores on both power leads to see whether it's interference through the leads or crosstalk between the two transducers. Hopefully, it'll work without having to use noise reduction.

If I were you, I'd keep at Humminbird until it resolves the issue. Compatibility or interoperability shouldn't be a problem.
    What you are seeing is sonar cross talk try turning the bow to 83khz and dash unit to 200 kHz.ferrite rings won't help what you are seeing.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12