Looking Into Fish and Ski Boats

So I've hit that point where I need a little bit of both kinds of boats. Mainly it will be used for fishing, but I need room for 5 people or so. None of us truely ski, but do some tubing from time to time. Looking for a boat that can handle 7 ft rods, nice size front deck, and can still hit 60+. I am looking for recommendations. I can go new but would like to go used if possible.

Thanks
    David

2. Member
    60+ is a tall order. Very few used fish skis come with a 225 or 250 HP.

Mine fits that description but a bit older.. they stopped making this hull in 2000.

Viper corals fly as do some others. Dunno what they hold for rods?

What's your budget?
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

3. Member
    I have a 2001 ProCraft 215 Combo with a Merc 225efi, 5.5 hyd JP and I can hold 15 rods 7'. With my current setup I can hit 56+ depending on several variables. I can comfortably fit 7.

4. Member
    60+ mph? Remind me not to go tubing with you!! :). Lol

in seriousness, I just got a Reata 1850 with the max rated 175hp. It tops 50 but doesn't push 60.

5. Member
    Mine meets all your requirements.
    In my opinion the majority of fish and ski boats are mainly ski boats with a trolling motor and livewell. Allisons are a fishing boat that seats 4 or 5 and pulls tubes great with the tripod. I used a 26 bravo xs this summer to pull my 2 kids on the tube in the middle of the day and then go run 80+mph before hitting the rev limiter while storing 10 fishing poles with room for more. Started building this model in 2003 and they hold their value like no other.

Also, the consoles are moved towards the middle slightly so you can lay 7' rods on the front deck and they are completely in the boat so you can run and gun with 8 rods on the deck.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12many View Post
    60+ is a tall order. Very few used fish skis come with a 225 or 250 HP.

Mine fits that description but a bit older.. they stopped making this hull in 2000.

Viper corals fly as do some others. Dunno what they hold for rods?

What's your budget?

Just saw they started making Corals again. Looking to keep it 40s or lower.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by khart View Post
    I have a 2001 ProCraft 215 Combo with a Merc 225efi, 5.5 hyd JP and I can hold 15 rods 7'. With my current setup I can hit 56+ depending on several variables. I can comfortably fit 7.
    Thanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinFamily View Post
    60+ mph? Remind me not to go tubing with you!! :). Lol

in seriousness, I just got a Reata 1850 with the max rated 175hp. It tops 50 but doesn't push 60.
    Thanks for the info. Tubing at 60 we call people skipping.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    Mine meets all your requirements.
    In my opinion the majority of fish and ski boats are mainly ski boats with a trolling motor and livewell. Allisons are a fishing boat that seats 4 or 5 and pulls tubes great with the tripod. I used a 26 bravo xs this summer to pull my 2 kids on the tube in the middle of the day and then go run 80+mph before hitting the rev limiter while storing 10 fishing poles with room for more. Started building this model in 2003 and they hold their value like no other.

Also, the consoles are moved towards the middle slightly so you can lay 7' rods on the front deck and they are completely in the boat so you can run and gun with 8 rods on the deck.
    Thanks. I'll check them out.

Depending on your budget, you can look new or close to it, or a little older. You can save a lot by buying a few years old. Fish and Ski aren't always most desirable, but I love mine and works great with my family.

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ford4wd08 View Post
    Depending on your budget, you can look new or close to it, or a little older. You can save a lot by buying a few years old. Fish and Ski aren't always most desirable, but I love mine and works great with my family.
    Would prefer a used boat that is a year or two old. Depreciation is a B***H.

I strongly suggest a new Ranger. 212LS to be exact. Sweet ride at 21' 4" with a 250 hp HO Evinrude G2. 65 mph with a wicked hole shot and mid range punch. Great fishability, rod storage and plush seating. I added detachable power poles with quick disconnects for when we are yanking the tube or ski around. Tons of storage including in the floor which is perfect for skis etc or more rods during cooler months.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Ryan View Post
    I strongly suggest a new Ranger. 212LS to be exact. Sweet ride at 21' 4" with a 250 hp HO Evinrude G2. 65 mph with a wicked hole shot and mid range punch. Great fishability, rod storage and plush seating. I added detachable power poles with quick disconnects for when we are yanking the tube or ski around. Tons of storage including in the floor which is perfect for skis etc or more rods during cooler months.

Sweet ride. Thanks for the input.

14. Member
    Duck soup easy to check all those boxes in a xb21 2+2. It'll run 70 with a 150 or 90+ with a 250. Pull skiers and sip fuel doing it. Most fuel efficient boat on the market. I have a 5 seat version.

Sold it few years ago, thought of converting to have a TM & fishing seat and deck up front. But since have a Bass Boat also, never did it. was a nice ride, had a Sun Bird Corsica 175.. inboard OMC GM 4.3 V6. it would Haul Ass. But couldn't put a fishing platform, Seat in Rear due to motor. It was great of the MPG, since actually a Marine car engine lolo . wife would fish out of it as was, we never ski ..it was a 6 passenger. and liked the top for sun or the occasional rain. course power steering and quiet compared to a OB. So many times take camper trailer and the 2 boats to Army Corp of Engineers lake and a week of camping etc.. the ski would go for 4 days vs 1 day of GAS 1 day Bass Boat lolo.. PS wife liked the ski better than riding in Bass Boat, said the BB was too close to water..go figure huh?
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. Member
    WE have owned several F-S boats. We also do the Ski- Tube thing with the kids, and we fish also. Right now we have a 2016 Triton Allure 186 with a Merc 150 4-stroke. Best F-S for us. Going on year two now, no problem huge rod locker plus large livewell and lots of storage.. Looked at lots of F-S boats but this one fits price range and what I need out of a F-S..

17. Member
    Thanks for the input guys.

18. Member
    I'm actually in the process of selling my Nitro 288 sport. It's been a great boat - especially for cruising around, tubing and just enjoying the lake life. I've fished MANY tournaments out of the ol girl, she fishes just like a bass boat. It's unreal how skinny of water I've been in.......but it's time to move on.

I'm divorced, kids are constantly in sports and I fish more than anything now. The kids have been in the boat twice i think in the last 4 years. I go fishing all the time. So I've already purchased a triton bass boat and the guy is supposed to come up and haul the ol girl away soon.

It'll be hard to see her towed away........we've had some very good memories in her. Just time to move on.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT