Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone dash mounted a 9-12" graph on a early-mid 2000s Champion?

I have a 2003 188, and just bought a HDS-9. Wondering if anyone has come up with a clean method to mount a graph on the dash.

I currently have a flasher in the middle, I was thinking I might be able to machine a sheetmetal or carbon fiber plate to cover that hole and mount the Gimbal bracket to that... might require an additional bracket to allow the Gimbal mount to clear the other gauges. Anyone done something like this?

2. Member
    I'll take a picture tonight of my HDS-9 mounted with no drilling. But, I had a square cutout for a Lowrance graph, not a round hole for a flasher.
    2017 Ranger Z520C / Mercury 250 ProXS 2S

3. Member
    I had to use a ram mount and go off to the side of the console. There was already a hole there as the previous owner mounted his Lowrance "puck" there

4. Member
    I have an Elite 7 mounted on a ram mount off to the side of the console right now, and will put the new one there if I need to... just thought it might be a little cleaner looking and not at risk of catching timber or dock corners if I could get it in front of the steering wheel

What size ram mount do I need for a HDS9?

5. Member
    Here was my solution for mounting my HDS-9. As stated before, I had a square opening that had a Lowrance graph flush mounted from the factory. The first layer is black ABS plastic that can be bought in sheets off of Ebay. I cut it to cover about 1/2" of overlap around the opening in the dash. The second layer is a piece of 1/4" aluminum that is drilled. The bottom 4 bolts go through the plastic into a piece of hardwood on the backside of the dash that overlaps the cutout. This method effectively clamps the the plastic, and the dash, between the aluminum bar, and the hardwood. The top 2 holes have short bolts & nuts that are accessible on the top/outside of the console. This mounting is as solid as a rock, and required no additional holes in my dash. It allowed the wires to be fairly hidden when the graph is installed, and also provided an outlet for the wires to my HDS-7 (in loom) that is mounted on a Ram mount on the side of the console.

Last edited by Mark Wendler; 02-28-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Add additional image
    2017 Ranger Z520C / Mercury 250 ProXS 2S

6. Banned
    Good Work

7. Member
    I like that, thanks for sharing!

8. Member
    I am in the process of dual mounting here is the work in progress. 2000 202
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    I am resurrecting this thread, If anyone has updated their older ChampioN dash for "newer" style electronics please post a picture. Thanks. Looking at my dash I was going to cut the top of my dash off and mold a new one but seeing new mounts & creative mounting systems someone may have solved this problem already.

10. Member
    “Beach Cues” makes 3d printed custom mounts and they are awesome. He has done some that replace the old in dash flasher.

11. Member
    Beach Customs made my bracket. Works perfectly! I have a 2004 198.

12. Member
    Now That's what I'm talking about! Money can buy CLASS!

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    “Beach Cues” makes 3d printed custom mounts and they are awesome. He has done some that replace the old in dash flasher.
    It’s the best I’ve seen available.

14. Member
    Yup, formally "Beach Cues", now "Beachcustoms".

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

15. Member
    Beach made me an aluminum circular hole filler/cover for the flasher hole in the center on my 191. I used it to mount an HDS9 on a short Balzout mount. Pretty solid, probably not as solid as the 3D printed mount, but really good. I'll have to get a pic, don't have one on me.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

16. Member
    Thank all of you who are taking the time to post. I don't want to fabricate a new top for the console to glass in, just to fit a Echomap Plus 64sv in the dash area. I plan on running my Helix 10 on top as I'm 6'3" tall I see over the steering wheel well. A 64sv mounted low is only for backup GPS and 2D shoot through the hull / Graph water depth. My Champ will be Saltwater fished as well and the marsh is always changing.

17. Member
    I am trying to mount a 93SV where the flasher gaige used to be at on my 2003 Champion 187. I don’t want to drill holes….can anybody show me a way to do this? I also have a hole in the bow where an old Lowrance was flush mounted. I would like to cover that up and put my 126SV on a mount there. Anybody know a way to cover that hole? All help is appreciated!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCAFEE View Post
    I am trying to mount a 93SV where the flasher gaige used to be at on my 2003 Champion 187. I don’t want to drill holes….can anybody show me a way to do this? I also have a hole in the bow where an old Lowrance was flush mounted. I would like to cover that up and put my 126SV on a mount there. Anybody know a way to cover that hole? All help is appreciated!
    Take a look at major manufacturing on facebook.

19. Member
    Major manufacturing?

20. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCAFEE View Post
    Major manufacturing?
    I think Beach sold to Major. They do great work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast