Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Back in 1977 I worked at my dad's boat store. We were one of the top ten Johnson dealers. We had a massive parts department and supply store. We carried everything; fiberglass, trailer parts, motor parts, electronics, etc. OMC was the division of Johnson-Evinrude back then. OEM parts were ordered through OMC. One day this guy from a local electric supply company stops by and shows me Bosch starters, AC Delco relays and a bunch of other items that had same exact part number and "SAE Marine" designation at half the cost we were paying. We started buying from them and let OMC know. They tried to tell us the same C$#P that it was not the same blah blah blah. Next price update came out and wouldn't you know it. ALL those parts had gone DOWN IN PRICE! Makes you wonder...

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swolt45 View Post
    Well they are the same brand and part number hat came out of my vst
    +1
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    They may have the same PRODUCTION number on them- but they are not the same part number.

I've been through this numerous times. While it will work for some, it ends up causing problems down the line for almost as many.

All that being said, there are two items in this thread I am going to address NOW, and then close the thread:

1. Please read the forum guidelines. If you're going to push products or vendors, they need to be BBC sponsors. This is out of fairness to the companies that PAY for advertising here, and make this site possible.

2. Snide comments are not acceptable. One party in this thread (and you know exactly who you are) has been warned repeatedly. LAST warning.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12