After 17 years, my Hamby's has left me

Guess I hung it on a stump and loosened it. Going down the lake, it let go. Loaded it on the trailer..surprise. Have had a heck of a time finding a dealer or fiberglass shop to put a new one on. They all look at it and say Gamblers weren't designed to have a Hamby's installed, due to the long strakes and flatter nose.

Diamond Marine says they'll give it a go. Hope to be back on the water next week. Fish are on beds here.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

2. Member
    Bummer. You're probably lucky it didn't run under the boat and wrap up in your prop. I thought there were a couple of guys around Fork that installed them. You might search TFF.

3. Member
    Yep
    You need someone that knows what they are doing with a Gambler.
    Need extra straps and a board with a jack to form the Hamby's to the rounded keel of a Gambler
    Use black Permatex Ultra to fill the gaps at the strakes.

JAZII

Quote Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman View Post
    Bummer. You're probably lucky it didn't run under the boat and wrap up in your prop. I thought there were a couple of guys around Fork that installed them. You might search TFF.
    I think it hit the prop. When the Hamby's came off the nose dropped for just a second, then popped right back up. I had Josh at Steve's Custom props tune up the Bravo while I'm down.

Lake Fork Fiberglass and Sartin Marine both turned it down. Mark at Diamond Sports Marine is installing it.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."