Thread: I pilot vs link

I pilot vs link

I'm confused. If I buy a current model ultrex that isn't a link...can I later upgrade that unit to talk to the Humminbird. If so, what do I have to buy.
    US Air Force
    2001 Ranger Cherokee
    2001 Mercury 75HP Four Stroke
    Humminbird Helix 7's SI & DI
    Minn Kota Ultrex iPilot 80lb

2. Member
    As of now...... no. On the legacy GPS controlled motor you could get an upgrade accessory that consisted of changing out the top cover of the head unit where the control board is. This may change next year but nothing for certain. If you think you may switch to Humminbird it would be cheaper to get it now than add it later if they do release an upgrade accessory. On the legacy units it was about $800 for the accessory where as buying it already installed from the factory with the link was about $300-400 cheaper than adding it afterwards

Correct the ipilot price costs 400 and link is 800 so getting link will save you 400 if you decide to upgrade. I'm sure MK will sell the top section in the future if they don't already but what feature do you think you will use if you get birds and link than you will already be used to standard ipilot ? Also when available you won't really be able to sell your ipilot like I could on my old terrova since all ultrexs come with it where terrovas didn't.