Recirc / Oxygenators

Can anyone please explain to me how Recirc works? In my mind that means it circulates the water in and out of the livewell. However that does not seem to be true, all that seems to happen is water is pumped from my livewell back into the lake, nothing "recirculating" or refilling. This to me is extremely confusing more due to the fact that the Oxygenators are wired into the recirc pump. Why would I want to restore oxygen into water that is just going back into the lake? Am I missing something? Is something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated

what boat? and Year model. Use to be recirc pump and pump out was the same. The valve position is what controlled if it was recirc or pumpout.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    what boat? and Year model. Use to be recirc pump and pump out was the same. The valve position is what controlled if it was recirc or pumpout.

2017 Nitro Z19 pro package

4. Member
    I've got a 2010 Z8 and the recirc pumps on both live wells pulls water from the live well and adds air to the stream of water and puts the water back into the live well it came from. Per the term of reconciliation of water from and back to the same source with added air to the stream of water. I don't have Oxygenators in my live wells, if your recirc punps are pumping out then the switch wiring must be crossed between the different pumps. There are Aerator, Recirc, and Pump out pumps for each live well and the wiring could be swapped from one to another pump. Hope I didn't muddy the water for you.... ;-)
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

5. Member
    The spout in the livewell, make sure it is pushed in all the way, if you pull it out it goes from recirc to pump out.

Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    The spout in the livewell, make sure it is pushed in all the way, if you pull it out it goes from recirc to pump out.
    19 should have switches on the console to run the pumps. Not the same as on a z18
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

Did we figure this out, cause Im not sure, only have online to look at. Don't see pumpout switches in the pictures. I do see something red in the livewells, that could be the pumpout\recirc switch.

Dang z19s don't last too long at our store.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    There are no pump out switches. You have to push and pull the spout for pump out or recirc once there is water in the well. The aerator fills the well. Make sure to set valves to closed.
    2022 920 Elite
    250 Pro XS

10. Member
    Thanks guys I got it figured out